Don's Source About Magical Personality
08-21-2019, 01:48 PM,
Don's Source About Magical Personality
About that question of Don:

Quote:75.32 Questioner: The three aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love, and wisdom. Is this correct and are these the only primary aspects of the magical personality?

Ra: I am Ra. The three aspects of the magical personality, power, love, and wisdom, are so called in order that attention be paid to each aspect in developing the basic tool of the adept; that is, its self. It is by no means a personality of three aspects. It is a being of unity, being of sixth density and equivalent to what you call your higher self and, at the same time, is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion.

The three aspects are given that the neophyte not abuse the tools of its trade but rather approach those tools balanced in the center of love and wisdom and thus seeking power in order to serve.

Does anyone here have any idea about what source Don consulted about the term "magical personality" and its three aspects being power, love, and wisdom? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Infinite's post:
flofrog
08-21-2019, 02:21 PM,
RE: Don's Source About Magical Personality
I see 3rd eye chakra as power.
heart chakra as love
and throat chakra as wisdom.

It could also be indigo ray is power, green ray is love, and blue ray is wisdom.

Magical personality is a 6th density phenomenon, so these rays could be subdensities of 6th density.
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Infinite
08-21-2019, 02:30 PM,
(08-21-2019, 02:21 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:  I see 3rd eye chakra as power.
heart chakra as love
and throat chakra as wisdom.

It could also be indigo ray is power, green ray is love, and blue ray is wisdom.

Me too. It's very clear that conclusion.
08-21-2019, 03:37 PM,
It was possibly one of these books?: https://www.golden-dawn.com/eu/displaycontent.aspx?pageid=237-golden-dawn-alpha-et-omega-collection
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
The following 1 user Likes Aaron's post:
flofrog
08-23-2019, 12:51 AM,
Don was interested in GD indeed. The group used the banishing ritual...

BTW. isn't power primary the third chakra (yellow)?
------------
Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
08-23-2019, 09:19 AM,
I’m not sure which source exactly they got that from, but I do know they were reading Dion Fortune and other books related to the Golden Dawn Mystery Tradition.

Love, Wisdom, and Power, I believe, correspond to the spheres of Chesed, Geburah, and Tiphareth. Tiphareth would be the balance of love and wisdom which results in power. Jesus Christ is such a one who belongs to Tiphareth, he was a being of power, balance in love and wisdom. (The magical images are a wartime king going forth in his chariot, and a beneficent majestic merciful king sitting on his throne. Both of these qualities balance each other from going to extremes, therefore denoting Power.)
The following 1 user Likes Nau7ik's post:
Infinite
08-23-2019, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM by Infinite.)
My brothers and sisters, I believe I found the source which Don consulted. It's a book called "Applied Magic" by Dion Fortune. Here the stretches with the exact terms:

Quote:1 had long been familiar with the method of going forth by night in the Horvendile body, but was unable to practise it successfully until 1 was given my 'magical name! The magical name, whether given by the teacher or discovered by oneself, seems to be an important point in the process of the formulation of the Horvendile body; it appears to play the same part as the grain of sand plays in the formation of the pearl. The psychology of the uses of the magical name needs more study than I can give it at the moment without digression. It must suffice to say that its uses are traditional and I have proved its efficacy in practice Like most people of vivid imagination I am no stranger to the indulgence in flights of fancy wherein I am the centre of romantic adventures in my Own person; like most fiction writers I have put something of myself into my characters; but the creation of a magical personality is a different matter; for if it is to be of any value, it must be in every way greater than oneself, and how can the pan be more than the whole that gives rise to it?

Quote:It must be remembered that Archetypes, though possessing a certain defined aspect of force, work in phases. Thus the three great Logoidal Aspects (Love, Wisdom, Power) work each in three phases.

(08-23-2019, 09:19 AM)Nau7ik Wrote:  I’m not sure which source exactly they got that from, but I do know they were reading Dion Fortune and other books related to the Golden Dawn Mystery Tradition.

Love, Wisdom, and Power, I believe, correspond to the spheres of Chesed, Geburah, and Tiphareth. Tiphareth would be the balance of love and wisdom which results in power. Jesus Christ is such a one who belongs to Tiphareth, he was a being of power, balance in love and wisdom. (The magical images are a wartime king going forth in his chariot, and a beneficent majestic merciful king sitting on his throne. Both of these qualities balance each other from going to extremes, therefore denoting Power.)

You were right! Thanks!
The following 3 users Like Infinite's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, flofrog, Nau7ik
08-23-2019, 02:16 PM,
Jim demonstrated the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram last Homecoming.  It was quite impressive.

I might talk to Jim about teaching me how to do that, so that someone else knows how to do it after Jim passes on.
The following 4 users Like Eddie's post:
flofrog, Infinite, kristina, Nau7ik