Why does Power have such a bad ring to it?
09-01-2019, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 05:08 PM by IndigoGeminiWolf.)
Why does Power have such a bad ring to it?
One of my highest realizations is that it is empowering to bow to the divine in another.
To see Creator in them.

But empowering sounds negative for some reason.

Maybe I should use fulfilling.

Why does power have such a bad ring to it?

And can power be a good thing?

Nau7ik, maybe you can answer this. Is the Qabalah about gaining power?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2019, 06:29 PM,
RE: Why does Power have such a bad ring to it?
Maybe you have a bad ring to power?

Bliss means that you engage all aspects of your experience. You learn to be like bliss with no bliss.
The following 1 user Likes tamaryn's post:
RitaJC
09-02-2019, 04:31 AM,
(09-01-2019, 04:57 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:  One of my highest realizations is that it is empowering to bow to the divine in another.
To see Creator in them.

But empowering sounds negative for some reason.

Maybe I should use fulfilling.

Why does power have such a bad ring to it?

And can power be a good thing?

Nau7ik, maybe you can answer this. Is the Qabalah about gaining power?

There may be two kinds of power.
Perhaps we're used to seeing negative power or negative usage of power more often.

Recently I was thinking about how much a person should serve the self..
If he's positive and loving enough then it's probably ok.. since to be truly loving requires some kind of power or lack of weakness in the first place.
The following 3 users Like Cainite's post:
ada, IndigoGeminiWolf, RitaJC
09-02-2019, 08:23 AM,
People do kind of think of power in a negative sense. There’s nothing wrong with personal power. It’s how we choose to use that power that matters.
The following 7 users Like Nau7ik's post:
ada, David_1, flofrog, IndigoGeminiWolf, kristina, RitaJC, ttwagneriii
09-02-2019, 04:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 05:30 PM by ttwagneriii.)
I agree with Nau7Kik. Power isn't the issue. It is whether or not the entity gains it by controlling, dominating, or transgressing the free will of another. Same with how they wield it.

Ditto for STS. If you derive your service to self by controlling, dominating, or transgressing the free will of another, you are skipping down the negative path whistling Darth Vader's theme music. Some STS, is more like self care: exercise, nutrition, meditation, time in nature, etc. Those are "serving" the self but in a way that honors the self and the Infinite Creator.

Ditto for money.

Heck...ditto for everything.

The reason power has such a negative connotation is that subjugation, deception and stomping free will are often the costs of doing business when trying to attain power and, human ambition being what it is, a lot of people - the vast majority I'd guess - are only too willing to pay. It's the old "made a deal with the devil" idea that what you have to give up to get what you want involves your soul, humanity, your Mom or your kid. Your spirit has to be in a very negative place to make that trade and what you are getting in return - power. money whatever, are perceived as equally corrupt due the intent behind the transaction.
The following 5 users Like ttwagneriii's post:
David_1, flofrog, IndigoGeminiWolf, kristina, Nau7ik
09-03-2019, 05:59 AM,
Yes to Nau7ik and ttwagneriii!
Power and money can be beautiful blessings IF they are used in service to others.
One of the finest examples is the power parents have with respect a newborn child.  They can use their power (and money) to feed, clothe, protect and nurture the infant.  Is that not expressing love?
09-04-2019, 12:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 12:15 AM by flofrog.)
I think that when you are  very young and start to experiment personal power over someone else, like you very young, it's very intoxicating and it fills you with the illusion of power, so it builds your ego and it is one of the things you are going to have to contend with as you age, because it obviously has consequences, most often negative, since it's power over someone.

I can say that because I felt that when I was like 6 or 7, lol and I was very shy so it was like something like, whoa, a totally different planet. Luckily I had this very loving mum who kept telling us you cannot bring pain to someone else.

And of course there is good power used for other selves' care !!
The following 3 users Like flofrog's post:
David_1, Glow, Nau7ik
09-04-2019, 05:41 PM,

Hey, wait a minute.  Is this another trick?  Are we really talking about the famous Ring of Power?!

Obviously, the bad association has to do with its habit of driving insane the men and male hobbits who wear and/or covet it.  If you ask moi, it's highly significant that, in the Tolkien tales, no woman ever wore the ring.  Had that been the case, I would argue, the course of made-up-history might have been changed.  

I see the ring as being a feminine thing (consider the act of passing your finger through it many times in rapid succession) that is easily prostituted by masculine bearers, and this can lead to death by ego inflation.  So, of course it has a bad ring to it.  But that's only owing to misuse....as was noted (less colorfully) above.

PS: IGW, I wonder if you are more of an unintentional trickster than you get credit for?

May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
09-04-2019, 06:31 PM,
I don't know peregrine if I am an unintentional trickster.

If so, I accept myself as I am.

I find myself chasing bliss rather than chasing power.

I know we shouldn't chase anything, but it's a phase I have to get through.
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
kristina
09-04-2019, 09:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 09:10 PM by peregrine.)
(09-04-2019, 06:31 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:  I don't know peregrine if I am an unintentional trickster.

If so, I accept myself as I am.

I find myself chasing bliss rather than chasing power.

I know we shouldn't chase anything, but it's a phase I have to get through.

I think you're so good at the blue ray stuff that you intuitively stumble in to these correspondences.  I'm just teasing you because its fun watching someone be unintentionally talented.

May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
The following 1 user Likes peregrine's post:
IndigoGeminiWolf