Bring4th

Full Version: "The End is Near" mass unconsciousness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey everyone,

I find it interesting that there are so many end of the world predictions and dates out there. There is a long string of them in recent history.. (would be fun to make a long time line of them). Here's one I saw recently... There are billboards all over the Bay area proclaiming that the end of the world is May 21st 2011. (http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-01/ba...me-camping)

On the surface I find these, as well as Mayan 2012 predictions a bit funny since there will be a lot head scratching the morning after each of these dates. On a deeper level though, I've been thinking that this is probably a sign of our collective unconsciousness speaking to the "end times" of third density. Everyone has a feeling that something is up but can't put a finger on what it is exactly thanks to the veiling of our minds. For some this results in dramatic predictions. What do you think?

Lastly, there is a darker more serious side to predictions like these. If one believed without a shadow of a doubt that the world would end tomorrow, one might deplete ones savings or do other radical things that would be problematic for the individual were the world not to end. I'm reminded about an article I read around the time of the Y2K bug idea. Some people spent tens of thousands of dollars building bunkers in their back yards, etc. Interesting food for thought.

L&L, Eric
Same goes for 'disclosure' dates or indications of it.
Funny how people create their own false realities.
There is a great psychology book about this, called When Prophecy Fails by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Prophecy-Fail...746&sr=8-1

They were some of the pioneers in the early study of cognitive dissonance in the 50s. While the book makes one laugh out loud in some places, it's also very sad. These people’s lives were ruined afterwards due to some megalomaniac preaching doomsday coupled with blindly believing in negative channeled material.

Cognitive dissonance is today one of the most extensively studied theories in social psychology, and while it is applicable to many kinds of life situations, and none of us are exempt from it at one point or another, it is often discussed and studied in relation to expectations due to prophecy - apocalyptic predictions and the like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

This wiki link is a very interesting read.

I'm busy reading The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. I wish I found this book years ago. You realise that the only possible enlightenment resides in the now, and that we should stop living in the past or the future, and how detrimental living in the past or the future is from a spiritual perspective.
(03-09-2011, 07:14 AM)Spectrum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm busy reading The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. I wish I found this book years ago. You realise that the only possible enlightenment resides in the now, and that we should stop living in the past or the future, and how detrimental living in the past or the future is from a spiritual perspective.
I also recommend taking a look at J. Krishnamurti's 1974 PBS TV interview with Allen Anderson. It's an 18-part series available from various sources on the internet. Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_lAb_GmI4

Another good one is his 1983 dialog with David Bohm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knu4ujA1rfU
Thanks Zenmaster. I watched the sample. I will definitely put some time aside to listen to this guy speak Smile
Greetings Eric....

You are correct... many times people have talked about the end of times. So far no one has been correct. The obvious thing to realize is that it only takes one to be right.

There are many reasons that people feel the end is near... or at hand. Usually it is an idea passed down from one generation to the next. For the most part children are told the answers to things before they can even ask the question, so they never are given the chance to question things. When children are indoctrinated in this manner, I think that some become "hard" wired with the belief system that they were exposed to. It has nothing to do with what is right or correct... but everything to do with the instilling the belief system of the parents and all it entails before the child can reason for themselves. There is a quote by my favorite American author Mark Twain.

"When even the brightest mind in our world has been trained up from childhood in a superstition of any kind, it will never be possible for that mind, in its maturity, to examine sincerely, dispassionately, and conscientiously any evidence or any circumstance which shall seem to cast a doubt upon the validity of that superstition. I doubt if I could do it myself.
- "Is Shakespeare Dead?"

I feel that many of the stories our society instills on it's inhabitants fall into this category. From there you can take it a bit further. Many religions use fear as a way to control their members. The end is near scenario falls right into their needs.

With that said... The end WILL indeed happen someday. Our Mother Earth will indeed change form as all things do in the physical realm. It could be soon... it could be far into the future.

The next question is "Do some people have the ability to see our future and know when this could occur?"

I say some can see "probable" futures and give us a glimpse of things that could come to pass. Some are better at it than others and by no means is any "probable" future cut in stone. Many factors contribute to the evolution of our Mother Earth.

Lastly, I do think that there is one scenario that could happen and may have been misinterpreted by others in the past. Not an end to the physical world, but an end to the veil of sleep that seems to cover the planet. More people will start waking to the realization of the other part of our Universe, the non physical part. We all will have a closer connection to the otherside. More open visits from loved ones and those that reside in the Light World. This is the world that we all come from and have chosen to live a life as a human. While here in this low vibration ... high density part of the universe, we experience things that are not possible to experience anywhere else.

So in my opinion, the end is near.... but not the end of our world... or society, but the end of an era of low awareness. If I am correct, more and more individuals will have experiences that bring the two sides together. Once people realize that religions and their belief systems are not needed anymore and that each individual can connect with the otherside at will, it will change the entire way humans conduct themselves. No longer will you need "Faith" or will you say "I believe" in this or that.... you will be able to Know.

So our society will end in a sense... from one that does not Know to one that Knows and I think we are in the beginnings of this phenomenon.

I hope that helps.

Peace
zenmaster Wrote:I also recommend taking a look at J. Krishnamurti

Wow, zenmaster, I finally got around to watching these vids you recommended. So glad you shared this. His philosophy is so much on par with what I have come to understand about spiritual evolution.

His life story is also interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti
Yes, there is much subconscious predictions about the future.
In these theories, in our words, in our feelings, in the news.
It's like we already guess more or less what is ahead.

Also, as the vein has been thinning out, be careful, because our free will and choice, is attracting more and more what the reality can manifest.

You can see that as the earth changes now occurring (like the recent tsunamis of 2010 and 2011) are only our collective projecting our fears or wishes of earth changes. The same goes for the financial crises. Or the Muslim uprisings. Our needs are being manifested very quickly and clearly.

So honesty, I think we are going to have some huge changes, not a end of the world scenario, but some drama, hysteria and something to write in history. I think something major will happen in December 2012 (not precisely on the 21st) because we are attracting it. It might be something small but historic, like a California tsunami, a fantastic solar flare with only a little disruption of power grids, or an alien sighting over NYC. Why? Because we have gave that month so much energy, and a solstice is already a powerful energy. But hey, right now everything is open, because we all co-create the future, based in our conscious or subconscious free will.

At a personal level, don't worry, you will get where you are wishing towards, not exactly on the way you ask, but just what you are supposed to learn, catalysts.
(03-09-2011, 07:14 AM)Spectrum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm busy reading The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. I wish I found this book years ago. You realise that the only possible enlightenment resides in the now, and that we should stop living in the past or the future, and how detrimental living in the past or the future is from a spiritual perspective.

when you finish i really recommend reading "A New Earth" also by Eckhart Tolle.
it could be seen as a sequel to "The Power Of Now".

(03-09-2011, 11:53 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I also recommend taking a look at J. Krishnamurti's 1974 PBS TV interview with Allen Anderson. It's an 18-part series available from various sources on the internet. Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_lAb_GmI4

i just happen to be reading "The Ending of Time" Krishnamurti and David Bohm. im only halfway through but its great.
it also shares the basic idea that Eckhart Tolle talks about.
(04-11-2011, 09:53 PM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]

when you finish i really recommend reading "A New Earth" also by Eckhart Tolle.
it could be seen as a sequel to "The Power Of Now".

(03-09-2011, 11:53 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I also recommend taking a look at J. Krishnamurti's 1974 PBS TV interview with Allen Anderson. It's an 18-part series available from various sources on the internet. Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_lAb_GmI4

i just happen to be reading "The Ending of Time" Krishnamurti and David Bohm. im only halfway through but its great.
Krishnamurti and Tolle have provided some useful insights into the nature of mind. It is great to be reminded of the contrast between being wrapped up in thought and just being. However, they do not really explain things from a developmental perspective. It's like they both found that 'primordial place' and got 'stuck' there, focusing on its vast potential - like a wellspring.
LetGo Wrote:when you finish i really recommend reading "A New Earth" also by Eckhart Tolle. it could be seen as a sequel to "The Power Of Now".

Yeah, that book has been recommended to me many times. It's on my 'near future list'. Smile

LetGo Wrote:i just happen to be reading "The Ending of Time" Krishnamurti and David Bohm. im only halfway through but its great.

Yeah, Tolle and Krishnamurti 'got it', and that 'it', while not difficult to 'get' on an intellectual level I think, is not so easy to accomplish in practice. Their understanding also stronly echoes things Ra said.

zenmaster Wrote:However, they do not really explain things from a developmental perspective.

I haven't read Krishnamurti yet, also on my 'near future list', but for the developmental level that 'I'm' at, it's the right teachings at the right time.

zenmaster Wrote:It's like they both found that 'primordial place' and got 'stuck' there, focusing on its vast potential - like a wellspring.

Have you got some recommendations, that have satisfied you with 'going further'? Krishnamurti I've noticed, became very serious later in his life, as if he became despondent with the state of mankind. Of course, as we know from Ra, if he only helped 'one' person, then he was successful, so I think he was successful. It has never been a numbers game with STO anyway. I've watched a UN speech he gave the other day, and he seemed to me so disgusted with the hypocricy and lip service in that room. It's of course most likely that I was merely projecting my own feelings about the UN onto Krishnamurti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzV8QH1J...r_embedded

3DMonkey

(03-26-2011, 05:35 AM)irpsit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is much subconscious predictions about the future.
In these theories, in our words, in our feelings, in the news.
It's like we already guess more or less what is ahead. ...

So honesty, I think we are going to have some huge changes, not a end of the world scenario, but some drama, hysteria and something to write in history. I think something major will happen in December 2012 (not precisely on the 21st) because we are attracting it. It might be something small but historic, like a California tsunami, a fantastic solar flare with only a little disruption of power grids, or an alien sighting over NYC. Why? Because we have gave that month so much energy, and a solstice is already a powerful energy. But hey, right now everything is open, because we all co-create the future, based in our conscious or subconscious free will.

At a personal level, don't worry, you will get where you are wishing towards, not exactly on the way you ask, but just what you are supposed to learn, catalysts.

Nice :-)

I'm not sure it even needs to manifest as an Earth phenomenon.

I liken it to a family road trip... We've had it planned and on our minds for a year. The closer we get to the date, the more preparations fill our thoughts. "got my list, need to rmbr this, should I bring this?, etc". Then comes the week before. "whoa!, it's here already, line up the dog sitter, take extra vit. C, i know I'm forgetting something, etc". The tension is building slowly. Then comes The Day. Tension Maximum. Packing! Loading car! Gathering kids! Snacks! All the tension culminates (probably a few tiffs between family members!) Finally, seatbelts on, key turns the ignition, and on the road... "oh, okay, this is it. We're now on our road trip. Not so bad. Nothing left to do but enjoy the ride. What was all that fuss about anyway? "
"What was all that fuss about anyway?"

I am doing this right now, we can ( i certainly am) pass trough all the drama we thought we needed to make our existence seam meaningful or exciting.

I can just be and focus my life/thoughts towards where my heart seams more attracted to.

Also it has helped me to realize that every event/thought/idea/nightmare/dream/experience in my life is of my doing.

SO instead of being a victim or a doer, i am now the sole cause of it all and also the only one that can let it go.
(04-11-2011, 10:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]However, they do not really explain things from a developmental perspective.

May be they chose not to. It sort of accords with Krishnamurti's saying that 'truth is a pathless land'
(04-12-2011, 05:33 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]What was all that fuss about anyway? "

As a person with abiding astrological interest, are you able to see something for 2012, 3DM? Any extraordinary celestial event and its energy ramifications vis-a-vis earth?
Confused Wrote:'truth is a pathless land'

I like that. No-one down here in third density has the whole cheese, the veil took care of that. Mystics, philosophers and spiritual teachers have come and gone, each contributing to 'the riddle' in their own way.

Another thing to bear in mind is this:

Book 5, Law of One Wrote:There is a spiritual strength that comes with unravelling such mysteries for one’s self. It is not always a service for those with better trained eyes to tell another what he does not yet see for himself, but which he has the capacity to learn to see.

One can just traverse the internet, all these discussion forums, to get a glimpse of how much confusion and fear abounds. Ra even called the word 'understanding' a misnomer as it relates to third density. This catastrophe-catstrophe-catstrophe everywhere hinders spiritual evolution. It's a decoy, and it's very yellow ray, and so many people get so sucked into it. Enlightenment is only obtainable in the now. I haven't obtained it, but at least I grasp it on an intellectual level, just gotta keep up the disciplines. I also don't think people generally refer to the same thing, when they speak of enlightenment. Is it a moment, or a gradual process? For Eckhart Tolle it was a moment, but he says for most it's gradual. Waking up litle-bit-little-bit-little-bit at a time, falling asleep again, until eventually, you maintain the new level of being almost constantly.
Spectrum i like your name
Ir reminds me of the wave of thought/experience with it's different vibration patterns (as in an spectrum)

I like the wave because you can see there is no end to it, easier to get our of duality thinking.
Thanks drifting Smile Yeah, I also think it's good to steer away from the black and white duality thing - right or wrong. It's very nuanced and experiential, and a wrong, when learned from, becomes a right. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
(04-12-2011, 06:36 AM)Spectrum Wrote: [ -> ]
Book 5, Law of One Wrote:There is a spiritual strength that comes with unravelling such mysteries for one’s self. It is not always a service for those with better trained eyes to tell another what he does not yet see for himself, but which he has the capacity to learn to see.

That really is a great pick, Spectrum. I appreciate you for choosing that comment and posting it here. I have only read the first 4 books in some length. So, thank you.

And yes, it is supremely important to be careful not to learn/teach for another entity, in anyway that leads to dismantling of freewill. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Confused Wrote:That really is a great pick, Spectrum. I appreciate you for choosing that comment and posting it here. I have only read the first 4 books in some length. So, thank you.

You're welcome. Book 5 holds so many spiritual truths and things to contemplate for me.

Confused Wrote:And yes, it is supremely important to be careful not to learn/teach for another entity, in anyway that leads to dismantling of freewill. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Smile
(04-12-2011, 06:00 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 10:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]However, they do not really explain things from a developmental perspective.

May be they chose not to. It sort of accords with Krishnamurti's saying that 'truth is a pathless land'
Like these individuals are somehow being blamed for a fault? Who said anything about a path or of 'truth'. The importance of those things is something to ponder.

Does 'polarization', ethical considerations and personal values, the subdensities, or balancing or crystalizing 'chakra energies' have anything to do with truth? Does experience, emotional and intellectual intelligence have anything to do with truth? What about cultivation of the will, or finding honesty? Yet all are developmental, regardless of someone's momentary idea of the 'truth' or whatever 'path' they may take.
(04-12-2011, 09:05 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Like these individuals are somehow being blamed for a fault? Who said anything about a path or of 'truth'.

No accusation at all, Zen. Just a discussion according to each one's level of spiritual resonance.

(04-12-2011, 09:05 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Who said anything about a path or of 'truth'.

I did, in one of my previous posts Wink

3DMonkey

(04-12-2011, 06:00 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]

(04-12-2011, 05:33 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]What was all that fuss about anyway? "

As a person with abiding astrological interest, are you able to see something for 2012, 3DM? Any extraordinary celestial event and its energy ramifications vis-a-vis earth?

hmmm. I did find something once. I posted it in DC, but nobody seemed interested. Allow me to remember incorrectly now, and I will research later to confirm.

Of all times I researched, three days before Dec 21 is the only date in which the sun, earth, and galactic center line up at the exact horizon if standing at the coordinates of Chichen Itza. Somehow I linked the three day period to a crop circle? Anyway, allow me to be wrong. Busy day Smile
(04-12-2011, 10:50 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]...and I will research later to confirm.

I look forward to your research work and your insights, 3DM, posted at your leisure. It should be very interesting and useful.
you should visit the pyramids of chitzen itza, you can go there with your mind. BigSmile
More from book 5 as it relates to this subject matter:

Book 5, Law of One Wrote:Jim: Don also asked Ra about information concerning earth changes which
Andrija Puharich had received from one of his sources. Instead of
responding directly to the query and risking infringing upon the free will of
Dr. Puharich, Ra chose to speak to the subject of earth changes as
representative of one of two choices that a person may make in the search
for truth.

Carla: Ra’s zinger of an answer to Puharich’s question about coming earth changes is
worth pondering in depth.

Questioner: I am sure that we are getting into a problem area with the first
distortion here with a difficulty with a bit of transient material, but I have
questions from a couple of people that I would like to ask. The first one
especially is of no lasting value. Andrija Puharich asks about the coming
physical changes, specifically this summer. Is there anything that we could
relay to him about that?

Ra: I am Ra. We may confirm the good intention of the source of this
entity’s puzzles and suggest that it is a grand choice that each may make to,
by desire, collect the details of the day or, by desire, seek the keys to
unknowing.

I 'do' find it quite revealing (with regard to channeling and our choice and manner of seeking) that a contact such as Ra would have been lost sooner or later, if the questions asked were transient in nature.
(04-12-2011, 04:38 PM)Spectrum Wrote: [ -> ]
Book 5, Law of One Wrote:...seek the keys to unknowing.

Spectrum, what an arcane sounding phrase Ra used there!! I wonder what was meant by 'keys to unknowing'.

Ra had a unique way of combining English words to provide the desired effect. Any idea what Ra meant there, by the way? I am scratching my head.
maybe they meant the Mystery.

3DMonkey

Keys to unknowing- mystery.

What can't you imagine? What haven't you ever considered? What have you zero details about? What haven't you tried? "Who" haven't you met? "Where" haven't you gone?

I don't know.
Ha Ocean & 3DM, I get it now.

It is such a beautiful sounding phrase for an otherwise simple everyday word.

I think the LOO is also a masterpiece in English literature, apart from being one of the most brilliant spiritual works in the planet's history.

Anyway, I do not want to derail the thread here with another line of thought.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6