Bring4th
Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? (/showthread.php?tid=17977)

Pages: 1 2

Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - tamaryn - 02-09-2020

It makes more sense to me when I frame service to self as being aware of primarily the body energetic field. Extending one's awareness into the world AND including the body is the highest form of service to the creator because the creator is fed by what we are aware of. Thus, feeding the world to the creator is the greatest service. This also works for when one is listening to others. We have ones that are mostly just aware of their own bodies, ones that allow their focus to rest on the body field of another. Then there is the ones that are neither focused wholly on themselves or another.

Thoughts?

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - Strannik - 02-10-2020

You are on the right way. Person is developing him self and the creator through creativity and the manifestation of his uniqueness in creativity.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - Ray711 - 02-10-2020

Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also. Once one gets closer to the essence of being itself, the realization that this same essence is shared by everybody else becomes obvious. This is service to others work, because it's the work of unity. Service to self is, at its core, about separation. Separation in the sense of thinking that one is inherently special or more important than everybody else. From there, the attitudes or behaviors revolving around the control, manipulation and exploitation of others naturally follow.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - sillypumpkins - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote: Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also.

I see what you're saying, but isn't the All itself mind? As in, everything is mental?

That is my understanding at least..... I'd love to hear your thoughts

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - AnthroHeart - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 05:34 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote: Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also.

I see what you're saying, but isn't the All itself mind? As in, everything is mental?

By mind, do you mean consciousness? As far as I know, that, and awareness are the most fundamental things.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kristina - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 05:34 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:

as in being dancing thoughts?

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kristina - 02-10-2020

Quote:one gets closer to the essence of being itself
And to take this one step further or closer, however one would look at it:
Which is The Creator and seeing others as the Creator!
I totally agree with all that you say!

Great Central Sun and kristina,

the angle I'm speaking from is that of the hermetic principles. The first principle being the principle of mentalism, the essence of which you can find in the axiom "The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

My understanding of this principle is this: the All is synonymous with Spirit, the unknowable, undefinable essence of everything that is. Everything in our material world, all phenomena, energy, and matter are created from the Mind of the All (Spirit.) Therefore, everything that is, is mental.

I might be misguided in my understanding. I'd love to hear what you all have to say

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - AnthroHeart - 02-10-2020

The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.
I'm sure it's how my Intention Repeater can do things like make you feel stoned and such as well.

I've not found much info on Hermetic Principles though.

(02-10-2020, 06:21 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.
I'm sure it's how my Intention Repeater can do things like make you feel stoned and such as well.

The Kybalion is probably the most digestible Hermetic text you can read in the 21st century. I recommend checking it out. It goes over all the principles and more.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - AnthroHeart - 02-11-2020

(02-10-2020, 10:05 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:21 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.

The Kybalion is probably the most digestible Hermetic text you can read in the 21st century. I recommend checking it out. It goes over all the principles and more.

The one by Three Initiates?

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - sillypumpkins - 02-11-2020

(02-11-2020, 03:07 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 10:05 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:

The one by Three Initiates?

Yes.

There is also the Corpus Hermeticum which might be of interest as well. It is written in the format of a teacher-student dialogue

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - AnthroHeart - 02-11-2020

(02-10-2020, 06:09 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Great Central Sun and kristina,

the angle I'm speaking from is that of the hermetic principles. The first principle being the principle of mentalism, the essence of which you can find in the axiom "The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

My understanding of this principle is this: the All is synonymous with Spirit, the unknowable, undefinable essence of everything that is. Everything in our material world, all phenomena, energy, and matter are created from the Mind of the All (Spirit.) Therefore, everything that is, is mental.

I might be misguided in my understanding. I'd love to hear what you all have to say

The Hermetic principles also say that everything is dualistic. At higher density, doesn't duality disappear?

It also says that everything has gender. So how can The One be masculine or feminine?

I think the All is also everything that is physical. Not just Spiritual. If I recall, the Kybalion says that The All is Spirit.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - sillypumpkins - 02-12-2020

(02-11-2020, 10:33 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 06:09 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Great Central Sun and kristina,

The Hermetic principles also say that everything is dualistic. At higher density, doesn't duality disappear?

It also says that everything has gender. So how can The One be masculine or feminine?

I think the All is also everything that is physical. Not just Spiritual. If I recall, the Kybalion says that The All is Spirit.

Hermeticism says that everything has it's pair of opposites, but that pair are really the same thing, just varying in degree. So, love and hate are the same thing, just in varying degrees. So yes, there is a dualistic quality to it, but if you look a little closer.....

The Principle of Gender states that gender exists on all planes of existence. It's not saying The One is just masculine or feminine, because we know now that masculine and feminine are the same, just varying in degrees.

I believe that we are talking about the same thing when we talk of The All and The One. And so...

I agree, The All is also everything that is physical. In Hermeticism, The All makes up everything that is. So, that's everything on the physical planes, the mental, the psychic, astral etc. Yes, the Kybalion says The All is Spirit. You can look at Spirit (and The All, they are the same thing) as the substantial reality behind everything that is. That is what is meant by The All is Spirit.

I'm not a master by any means.... i'm still learning too... I might be off the mark, this is just how i understand it right now

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - Reaper - 02-19-2020

(02-09-2020, 11:33 PM)tamaryn Wrote: It makes more sense to me when I frame service to self as being aware of primarily the body energetic field. Extending one's awareness into the world AND including the body is the highest form of service to the creator because the creator is fed by what we are aware of. Thus, feeding the world to the creator is the greatest service. This also works for when one is listening to others. We have ones that are mostly just aware of their own bodies, ones that allow their focus to rest on the body field of another. Then there is the ones that are neither focused wholly on themselves or another.

Thoughts?

I've been lucky enough to interview some exceptionally crystallized adepts on both sides, and have come to consider the general mentalities of the polarities to be so:

STO - I am becoming one with God, who is in all things.

STS - I am becoming God, and all things will submit to me.

Both polarities, if adept, are fully aware of the unified field. Negative adepts do not pursue the path that they do because they are unaware of oneness or confused by it. They simply believe they deserve to be at the center of that web and seek, as Ra put it, to "put the world in order." They follow the so-called Law of Stratification, which posits that the strong naturally rise to the top, fueled by the masses that automatically sink beneath them as they grow in power. They see this as a natural process, and therefore in alignment with natural law, so they feel no guilt over their actions. Indeed, they believe themselves to be doing a service to the species by causing stronger beings to emerge via adversity. It is a very solipsistic point of view.

The sort of bodily awareness you speak of would be found in adepts on both sides, and is a natural product of the expansion of consciousness. How that awareness is framed and directed is up to the individual.  

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kristina - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 02:15 PM)Reaper Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:33 PM)tamaryn Wrote: It makes more sense to me when I frame service to self as being aware of primarily the body energetic field. Extending one's awareness into the world AND including the body is the highest form of service to the creator because the creator is fed by what we are aware of. Thus, feeding the world to the creator is the greatest service. This also works for when one is listening to others. We have ones that are mostly just aware of their own bodies, ones that allow their focus to rest on the body field of another. Then there is the ones that are neither focused wholly on themselves or another.

Thoughts?

I've been lucky enough to interview some exceptionally crystallized adepts on both sides, and have come to consider the general mentalities of the polarities to be so:

Both polarities, if adept, are fully aware of the unified field. Negative adepts do not pursue the path that they do because they are unaware of oneness or confused by it. They simply believe they deserve to be at the center of that web and seek, as Ra put it, to "put the world in order." They follow the so-called Law of Stratification, which posits that the strong naturally rise to the top, fueled by the masses that automatically sink beneath them as they grow in power. They see this as a natural process, and therefore in alignment with natural law, so they feel no guilt over their actions. Indeed, they believe themselves to be doing a service to the species by causing stronger beings to emerge via adversity. It is a very solipsistic point of view.

The sort of bodily awareness you speak of would be found in adepts on both sides, and is a natural product of the expansion of consciousness. How that awareness is framed and directed is up to the individual.  
I very mush agree. Interesting to read. Thank you for your insight

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 02-25-2020

(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote: Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also. Once one gets closer to the essence of being itself, the realization that this same essence is shared by everybody else becomes obvious. This is service to others work, because it's the work of unity. Service to self is, at its core, about separation. Separation in the sense of thinking that one is inherently special or more important than everybody else. From there, the attitudes or behaviors revolving around the control, manipulation and exploitation of others naturally follow.

If your quoted post is not "inherently special or more important" than other ones, why do you post it? In other words, why do you think you are right, have more wisdom to share then someone who service to self?

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 02-25-2020

Thoughts?

If STO adept is "fully aware of the unified field" and "one with God, who is in all things", why does he discriminate (name/constitute and reveal consequences) between him and adept of STS?

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - flofrog - 02-25-2020

I am not sure STO ´discriminates’ but just observes that one is dedicated to helping others aiming towards unity and that STS is about the self first and foremost and STO respects that choice.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 02-26-2020

(02-25-2020, 08:01 PM)flofrog Wrote: I am not sure STO ´discriminates’ but just observes that one is dedicated to helping others aiming towards unity and that STS is about the self first and foremost and STO respects that choice.

If I observe shoe sizes of two men to measure theirs IQ, it is not eligible observation for that reason.
If you "just observe" STO vs. STS for the reason of the harvest, you could answer my questions above. Because I cannot find some sufficient reason for it. Alleged extraterrestrial origin is not sufficient reason.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - flofrog - 02-26-2020

I was not thinking of harvest at all. I was just answering your post where I don’t think STO discriminates if we attribute a moral judgment to the word discrimination. I think STO observes quietly that another soul acts differently and wishes well the other soul on its own path.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 02:04 PM)flofrog Wrote: I was not thinking of harvest at all. I was just answering your post where I don’t think STO discriminates if we attribute a moral judgment to the word discrimination. I think STO observes quietly that another soul acts differently and wishes well the other soul on its own path.

1. My objection was not about moral but logical judgment.
2. The Ra material is because to increase the harvest (i.e. crystallization STO) and if you omit this resultant you create a great distortion which was not involved.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - flofrog - 02-26-2020

So sorry kraaken, I was not sure at all you were using a moral judgment, I was just thinking the word discriminate might induce it. So all apologies. I am not sure I was creating a distorsion by practicing the way Ra was suggesting to behave towards STS.

And yes I don’t think I am functioning as having harvest constantly in mind, which I totally accept as my own distorsion. Progress yes, but thinking still that harvest is mysterious in itself to me since I do not realize what my own quota really are, but... err... chugging along whatever progress I can make. BigSmile

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 02-27-2020

(02-26-2020, 07:36 PM)flofrog Wrote: So sorry kraaken, I was not sure at all you were using a moral judgment, I was just thinking the word discriminate might induce it. So all apologies. I am not sure I was creating a distorsion by practicing the way Ra was suggesting to behave towards STS.

And yes I don’t think I am functioning as having harvest constantly in mind, which I totally accept as my own distorsion. Progress yes, but thinking still that harvest is mysterious in itself to me since I do not realize what my own quota really are, but... err... chugging along whatever progress I can make. BigSmile

Let’s take a book. A bookbinder will watch binding at first. A typesetter will watch quality of setting (no wonder, it is his job). A scientist will search data and its verification. A romantic feelings. An ignorant sees some tool to underlay his rocking table. Etc. It is about mindset. If you remove this information about mindset, you greatly increase distorsion of that information. How useful is information about Bible from ignorant with your preconception that he "just observes"?!  Smile

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - unity100 - 03-04-2020

That is an energetical understanding of polarity, and yes, radiating energy is positive whereas blocking and sucking it in is negative.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kristina - 03-04-2020

(02-25-2020, 02:54 PM)kraken99 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote: Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also. Once one gets closer to the essence of being itself, the realization that this same essence is shared by everybody else becomes obvious. This is service to others work, because it's the work of unity. Service to self is, at its core, about separation. Separation in the sense of thinking that one is inherently special or more important than everybody else. From there, the attitudes or behaviors revolving around the control, manipulation and exploitation of others naturally follow.

If your quoted post is not "inherently special or more important" than other ones, why do you post it? In other words, why do you think you are right, have more wisdom to share then someone who service to self?

He shares because he hasn't taken an oath of silence for one.
Each quote is special/ordinary and greatly depends on the eyes that read the quote and how it resonates with each that read it, therefore, has the potential to create a subjective experience for a seeker.

No one here thinks they have more wisdom than those upon the path of negative polarity. If I am not mistaken, one seeker explained it good as in it is one of the same thing at varying degrees. The two paths offer their gifts to another therefore stengthening their personal evolution upon their chosen journey.

(02-25-2020, 02:57 PM)kraken99 Wrote:

Thoughts?

If STO adept is "fully aware of the unified field" and "one with God, who is in all things", why does he discriminate (name/constitute and reveal consequences) between him and adept of STS?

The STO Adept is attempting become one with all things (within) and within the All lies what before could not be accepted. These may include what is considered negative traits within the self. The Adept accepts himself fully and acts as himself more and more as he journeys along.

(02-26-2020, 07:36 PM)flofrog Wrote: So sorry kraaken, I was not sure at all you were using a moral judgment, I was just thinking the word discriminate might induce it. So all apologies. I am not sure I was creating a distorsion by practicing the way Ra was suggesting to behave towards STS.

Better to be humble than haughty my friend and your love is always well recieved

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - Moonfox - 03-04-2020

Thoughts?

I am geared toward the negative. It's just how my make-up works. I walk into a room and I say, this room could be improved. Look at this, look at that. Let's fix this. And I would consider myself a mostly negative person who uses that negative polarity for a positive impact on the world. You cannot have a perfect world here. This is essentially a very dense density and it is extremely complicated. I believe that understanding is a part of the veil, or lack there of.
So if I see an issue in the world that I think is terrible and it brings a fire to my heart I meditate on that feeling. I think, why is this such a problem? And the spirit inside you will recognize issues when you come across them, especially if you are geared to notice problems before you notice positives. Sometimes after thought, I realize the issue is being taken care of by other, more knowledgable people. However, if the issue lacks clarity, it is my natural inclination to walk in and define boundaries and isolate the problem and I do that very well.

However, if unchecked by lack of mental dicipline, this gearing toward the negative can lead to serious consequences. The person must be strong enough to contain the natural inclinations, whatever those may be.

I do not know how people of positive polarity operate.

RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness? - kraken99 - 03-05-2020

(03-04-2020, 08:45 AM)kristina Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 02:54 PM)kraken99 Wrote:

He shares because he hasn't taken an oath of silence for one.
Each quote is special/ordinary and greatly depends on the eyes that read the quote and how it resonates with each that read it, therefore, has the potential to create a subjective experience for a seeker.

No one here thinks they have more wisdom than those upon the path of negative polarity. If I am not mistaken, one seeker explained it good as in it is one of the same thing at varying degrees. The two paths offer their gifts to another therefore stengthening their personal evolution upon their chosen journey.

You stay on the surface. The intention of my question was not a discuss fencing. Go inside, ask why I asked the question, present, empathize myself in yourself. Only then you can help me by an advice and give this discussion sense.