Is STS/STO actually about Awareness?
02-09-2020, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 11:34 PM by tamaryn.)
Is STS/STO actually about Awareness?
It makes more sense to me when I frame service to self as being aware of primarily the body energetic field. Extending one's awareness into the world AND including the body is the highest form of service to the creator because the creator is fed by what we are aware of. Thus, feeding the world to the creator is the greatest service. This also works for when one is listening to others. We have ones that are mostly just aware of their own bodies, ones that allow their focus to rest on the body field of another. Then there is the ones that are neither focused wholly on themselves or another.

Thoughts?

Bliss means that you engage all aspects of your experience. You learn to be like bliss with no bliss.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2020, 12:40 AM,
RE: Is STS/STO actually about Awareness?
You are on the right way. Person is developing him self and the creator through creativity and the manifestation of his uniqueness in creativity.

--- IUI ---
English is not my native language, sorry if this text looks strange for you.
02-10-2020, 02:08 AM,
Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also. Once one gets closer to the essence of being itself, the realization that this same essence is shared by everybody else becomes obvious. This is service to others work, because it's the work of unity. Service to self is, at its core, about separation. Separation in the sense of thinking that one is inherently special or more important than everybody else. From there, the attitudes or behaviors revolving around the control, manipulation and exploitation of others naturally follow.
The following 2 users Like Ray711's post:
flofrog, kristina
02-10-2020, 05:34 PM,
(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote:  Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also.

I see what you're saying, but isn't the All itself mind? As in, everything is mental?

That is my understanding at least..... I'd love to hear your thoughts
02-10-2020, 05:48 PM,
(02-10-2020, 05:34 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  
(02-10-2020, 02:08 AM)Ray711 Wrote:  Engaging in the awareness of the body in meditation can lead to the realization that one is not the body, and from there, the insight that one is not the mind can be realized also.

I see what you're saying, but isn't the All itself mind? As in, everything is mental?

By mind, do you mean consciousness? As far as I know, that, and awareness are the most fundamental things.

Doubt everything. Find your own light. - Buddha
http://www.intentionrepeater.com
02-10-2020, 05:54 PM,
(02-10-2020, 05:34 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  

as in being dancing thoughts?
I  don't know anything
02-10-2020, 05:58 PM,
Quote:one gets closer to the essence of being itself
And to take this one step further or closer, however one would look at it:
Which is The Creator and seeing others as the Creator!
I totally agree with all that you say!
I  don't know anything
02-10-2020, 06:09 PM,
Great Central Sun and kristina,

the angle I'm speaking from is that of the hermetic principles. The first principle being the principle of mentalism, the essence of which you can find in the axiom "The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

My understanding of this principle is this: the All is synonymous with Spirit, the unknowable, undefinable essence of everything that is. Everything in our material world, all phenomena, energy, and matter are created from the Mind of the All (Spirit.) Therefore, everything that is, is mental.

I might be misguided in my understanding. I'd love to hear what you all have to say
02-10-2020, 06:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 06:21 PM by Great Central Sun.)
The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.
I'm sure it's how my Intention Repeater can do things like make you feel stoned and such as well.

I've not found much info on Hermetic Principles though.

02-10-2020, 10:05 PM,
(02-10-2020, 06:21 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:  The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.
I'm sure it's how my Intention Repeater can do things like make you feel stoned and such as well.

The Kybalion is probably the most digestible Hermetic text you can read in the 21st century. I recommend checking it out. It goes over all the principles and more.
The following 2 users Like sillypumpkins's post:
Great Central Sun, kristina
02-11-2020, 03:07 PM,
(02-10-2020, 10:05 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  
(02-10-2020, 06:21 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:  The only thing I know about Hermetic Law is that it allows things like a YouTube video to do Reiki healing on many people.

The Kybalion is probably the most digestible Hermetic text you can read in the 21st century. I recommend checking it out. It goes over all the principles and more.

The one by Three Initiates?

02-11-2020, 03:36 PM,
(02-11-2020, 03:07 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:  
(02-10-2020, 10:05 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  

The one by Three Initiates?

Yes.

There is also the Corpus Hermeticum which might be of interest as well. It is written in the format of a teacher-student dialogue
The following 1 user Likes sillypumpkins's post:
Great Central Sun
02-11-2020, 10:33 PM,
(02-10-2020, 06:09 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  Great Central Sun and kristina,

the angle I'm speaking from is that of the hermetic principles. The first principle being the principle of mentalism, the essence of which you can find in the axiom "The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

My understanding of this principle is this: the All is synonymous with Spirit, the unknowable, undefinable essence of everything that is. Everything in our material world, all phenomena, energy, and matter are created from the Mind of the All (Spirit.) Therefore, everything that is, is mental.

I might be misguided in my understanding. I'd love to hear what you all have to say

The Hermetic principles also say that everything is dualistic. At higher density, doesn't duality disappear?

It also says that everything has gender. So how can The One be masculine or feminine?

I think the All is also everything that is physical. Not just Spiritual. If I recall, the Kybalion says that The All is Spirit.

02-12-2020, 10:29 AM,
(02-11-2020, 10:33 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote:  
(02-10-2020, 06:09 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote:  Great Central Sun and kristina,

The Hermetic principles also say that everything is dualistic. At higher density, doesn't duality disappear?

It also says that everything has gender. So how can The One be masculine or feminine?

I think the All is also everything that is physical. Not just Spiritual. If I recall, the Kybalion says that The All is Spirit.

Hermeticism says that everything has it's pair of opposites, but that pair are really the same thing, just varying in degree. So, love and hate are the same thing, just in varying degrees. So yes, there is a dualistic quality to it, but if you look a little closer.....

The Principle of Gender states that gender exists on all planes of existence. It's not saying The One is just masculine or feminine, because we know now that masculine and feminine are the same, just varying in degrees.

I believe that we are talking about the same thing when we talk of The All and The One. And so...

I agree, The All is also everything that is physical. In Hermeticism, The All makes up everything that is. So, that's everything on the physical planes, the mental, the psychic, astral etc. Yes, the Kybalion says The All is Spirit. You can look at Spirit (and The All, they are the same thing) as the substantial reality behind everything that is. That is what is meant by The All is Spirit.

I'm not a master by any means.... i'm still learning too... I might be off the mark, this is just how i understand it right now