Initiation Book mentioned in Session 41
03-01-2013, 09:16 AM,
Initiation Book mentioned in Session 41
Quote:41.23 Questioner: I have a book, Initiation, in which the woman describes initiation. Are you familiar with the contents of this book?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. We scan your mind.

41.24 Questioner: I have only read part of it, but I was wondering if the teachings in the book with respect to balancing were Ra’s teachings?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically correct with distortions that may be seen when this material is collated with the material we have offered.

I assume that this is the book?

http://www.amazon.com/Initiation-Elisabeth-Haich/dp/0943358507

[Image: CoSNRnE.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM by Vasistha.)
RE: Initiation Book mentioned in Session 41
(03-01-2013, 09:16 AM)plenum Wrote:  I assume that this is the book?

http://www.amazon.com/Initiation-Elisabeth-Haich/dp/0943358507

[Image: CoSNRnE.jpg]

Having read the so called book, I can confirm that it is the one mentionned.

Yes Smile
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM,
I've been meaning to read that book for years, maybe I should get on that. Thanks for bringing it up Mr. P
03-01-2013, 02:58 PM,
There is also Initiation: Human and Solar by Alice A. Bailey, but that is probably not the same.
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM,
Oh, Actually I think it was the Alice Bailey one that was recommended to me now that I think about it.
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM,
I enjoyed it, although Djwal Kul is a little intense in his attitude, it is useful information. I am now interested in finding and reading this other book mentioned here.
03-02-2013, 05:42 PM,
There is also Iamblichus's book - Theurgia. Got a hold of a 100-year old first edition recently, untainted by contemporary, ridiculous new-age notions of escapism.
The following 1 user Likes zenmaster's post:
rva_jeremy
03-03-2013, 03:16 PM,
(03-02-2013, 05:42 PM)zenmaster Wrote:  There is also Iamblichus's book - Theurgia. Got a hold of a 100-year old first edition recently, untainted by contemporary, ridiculous new-age notions of escapism.

Tell me a little about this? Sounds intriguing
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM,
(03-03-2013, 03:16 PM)kdsii Wrote:  
(03-02-2013, 05:42 PM)zenmaster Wrote:  There is also Iamblichus's book - Theurgia. Got a hold of a 100-year old first edition recently, untainted by contemporary, ridiculous new-age notions of escapism.

Tell me a little about this? Sounds intriguing
Copyright has expired, so there are actually copies freely available online: http://www.esotericarchives.com/oracle/iambl_th.htm

It is interesting, from the info provided by the Ra Material:
http://www.luxlapis.co.za/at/iamblichus.htm

Quote:As Dr. Keizer so aptly reminds us, the "... evidence that the Tarot images derive from ancient and archetypal Egyptian temple images. . ." . . . " . . . is the Holy Grail of esoteric Tarot advocates..." He writes:

"The Egyptian paradigm was justified by a medieval document claiming to be part of the body of writings by the NeoPlatonist Iamblichus, whose Manetho is the memoires of an Egyptian priest. The Pseudo-Iamblichan document describes initiatic images used in the hall of neophytes that correspond closely to the Tarot trump images known in the eighteenth century."
The following 4 users Like zenmaster's post:
Ankh, Nau7ik, Spaced, xise
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM,
Very cool Zen, thanks for the link.
The following 1 user Likes Spaced's post:
Ankh
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM,
Oo, heyy... I think we have some cryptical magical stuff here... Intusting indeed.
What do these books mean by 'conjure'? As in, call up these entities? With their seals? Hmm
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM by falcor.)
im a big fan of the teachings from elisabeth haich. a few years ago when i first found the Law of One, i definitely didnt understand it very clearly. after reading her books, the Law of One is much more clear to me.

for those into the archetypes, she has a great book on the tarot.

her book sexual energy and yoga is my favorite book of hers. its an amazing book for those who are looking to find a deeper connection to their personal energy and the energy of the godhead

btw. a quick google search should find you a pdf of elisabeth haichs initiation.
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM,
I'm reading Initiation. It's very interesting. A lot of overlap of the Ra Material, but it also goes into more detail on some subjects.
01-25-2016, 06:32 PM,
There are two very good reviews of this book on amazon.com where Haich received only two stars.  I couldn't agree much more with what both reviewers stated and wholeheartedly believe that some negative information is in the book.  As always, one must use discernment.  There is plenty of valuable info as well and I recommend it to anyone who has confidence in their intuition to know what is positive vs. what is negative.

Her views of sex and sexuality really stood out as consummate crapola to me.  There was also an unrelenting holier than thou attitudes towards the 'average' person and the 'lower race' in general.  Always remember, as best you can, Ra suggests to try and see the creator in all beings.

The reviewers are better writers than me so here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Initiation-Elisabeth-Haich/product-reviews/0943358507/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_2?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&filterByStar=two_star&pageNumber=1

I like the book and will probably read it again in a couple years as an exercise in my own ability to discriminate the dark from the light.  I'm pretty shocked to come to the forum, search 'Haich initiation', and not find others using their intelligence to differentiate what's positive vs what ain't just sayin'.  Maybe it's on another thread this is the first and only one I checked so forgive my ignorance if that discussion I was looking for is indeed somewhere else.  After all, I'm from the lower race so you can't expect too much from me! Smile  If only I could trace my ancestry to one of those with the elongated skulls, then maybe I could join the Illuminati?
01-26-2016, 01:41 AM,
Quote:I like the book and will probably read it again in a couple years as an exercise in my own ability to discriminate the dark from the light.  I'm pretty shocked to come to the forum, search 'Haich initiation', and not find others using their intelligence to differentiate what's positive vs what ain't just sayin'.  Maybe it's on another thread this is the first and only one I checked so forgive my ignorance if that discussion I was looking for is indeed somewhere else.  After all, I'm from the lower race so you can't expect too much from me! Smile  If only I could trace my ancestry to one of those with the elongated skulls, then maybe I could join the Illuminati?

I tend to think that -especially in western culture- a lot of people have a strong distortion towards dualism and an either/or mentality.  It's sort of the No True Scotsman fallacy writ large.  If someone diverges from Republican viewpoints in more than a couple ways, suddenly they're a RINO.  Someone has a bisexual experience once, and suddenly they're queer because straight is only 100%.  A positive-polarized person still has some negative thoughts, so they must be negative and faking the positivity.  Obama was taught in a Madrassa for a couple years in his childhood, so  he's forever "tainted" by Islam and probably a secret Muslim. There are examples of this sort of thinking all over the place in society.

Western culture really doesn't teach skills for distinguishing nuance, or for dealing with matters that are grey rather than black-and-white.  People are largely just taught to slap labels on things based on arbitrary criteria, then act as though those labels are reality.  Getting past this, trying to look beyond labels to more underlying complex impulses, is something one usually can only learn through self-study and deliberate exposure to philosophies which aren't as dualist.

Plus, of course, there's a fair amount of self-confidence needed to evaluate ideas in that way.  Someone who doesn't believe in the abilities of their own mind is likely to find it far easier and more comfortable to fall back on label-based thinking as a crutch.

But I confess I do share your frustration at times when it comes to this forum.  Nearly everything Ra said on the matter of polarity puts it on a spectrum rather than a hard either/or distinction.  The mere fact that being positively-polarized only requires 50% polarization illustrates this amply.  On Earth, a positive person is almost certain to still be carrying a lot of negativity around.  For that matter, even Jesus -surely one of the most positively-polarized humans to ever live- had moments of negativity, such as the incident with the moneychangers on the temple steps.  This makes it seem somewhat absurd to me, seeing people try to apply an all-or-nothing attitude towards positive (or negative) polarization.

I just try to remind myself that most people are the product of their upbringing/teachings and if they've only been taught to think in terms of arbitrary either/or labels, it will be very difficult for them to develop skills involving nonabsolutist spectrum-based thought.
The following 7 users Like APeacefulWarrior's post:
FractalWanderer, hounsic, rva_jeremy, spero, third-density-being, Turtle, xise
01-26-2016, 07:27 AM,
I've actually read this book and I wasn't very impressed. It felt a lot like self aggrandizement and fantasy. Whenever someone claim to have been royalty in a previous life I tend to become very skeptical. This is an ongoing problem I have with the Ra material, that is, their tendency to give support for other work that doesn't resonate with me, like this book.
---
The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence. - Ra
07-11-2017, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017, 08:14 PM by Infinite.)
I'm reading this book and liking a lot. The author had many interesting experiences. Also your memories of Egypt resonate a lot with me. The term unity is onipresent and that's a good signal. But today I found a distortion. One passage suggests that pyramids were builted by egyptians with technology similar to Ark of Convenant.
09-02-2017, 05:31 PM,
I finish this book today. I strongly recommend it. I don't will write about it, but the unity of everything is the main message of the book.
09-03-2017, 01:01 PM,
(01-26-2016, 01:41 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote:  
Quote:I like the book and will probably read it again in a couple years as an exercise in my own ability to discriminate the dark from the light.  I'm pretty shocked to come to the forum, search 'Haich initiation', and not find others using their intelligence to differentiate what's positive vs what ain't just sayin'.  Maybe it's on another thread this is the first and only one I checked so forgive my ignorance if that discussion I was looking for is indeed somewhere else.  After all, I'm from the lower race so you can't expect too much from me! Smile  If only I could trace my ancestry to one of those with the elongated skulls, then maybe I could join the Illuminati?

I tend to think that -especially in western culture- a lot of people have a strong distortion towards dualism and an either/or mentality.  It's sort of the No True Scotsman fallacy writ large.  If someone diverges from Republican viewpoints in more than a couple ways, suddenly they're a RINO.  Someone has a bisexual experience once, and suddenly they're queer because straight is only 100%.  A positive-polarized person still has some negative thoughts, so they must be negative and faking the positivity.  Obama was taught in a Madrassa for a couple years in his childhood, so  he's forever "tainted" by Islam and probably a secret Muslim. There are examples of this sort of thinking all over the place in society.

Western culture really doesn't teach skills for distinguishing nuance, or for dealing with matters that are grey rather than black-and-white.  People are largely just taught to slap labels on things based on arbitrary criteria, then act as though those labels are reality.  Getting past this, trying to look beyond labels to more underlying complex impulses, is something one usually can only learn through self-study and deliberate exposure to philosophies which aren't as dualist.

Plus, of course, there's a fair amount of self-confidence needed to evaluate ideas in that way.  Someone who doesn't believe in the abilities of their own mind is likely to find it far easier and more comfortable to fall back on label-based thinking as a crutch.

But I confess I do share your frustration at times when it comes to this forum.  Nearly everything Ra said on the matter of polarity puts it on a spectrum rather than a hard either/or distinction.  The mere fact that being positively-polarized only requires 50% polarization illustrates this amply.  On Earth, a positive person is almost certain to still be carrying a lot of negativity around.  For that matter, even Jesus -surely one of the most positively-polarized humans to ever live- had moments of negativity, such as the incident with the moneychangers on the temple steps.  This makes it seem somewhat absurd to me, seeing people try to apply an all-or-nothing attitude towards positive (or negative) polarization.

I just try to remind myself that most people are the product of their upbringing/teachings and if they've only been taught to think in terms of arbitrary either/or labels, it will be very difficult for them to develop skills involving nonabsolutist spectrum-based thought.

Great post...hot damn! Smile
Godspeed!
09-03-2017, 01:04 PM,
(01-26-2016, 07:27 AM)1109 Wrote:  I've actually read this book and I wasn't very impressed. It felt a lot like self aggrandizement and fantasy. Whenever someone claim to have been royalty in a previous life I tend to become very skeptical. This is an ongoing problem I have with the Ra material, that is, their tendency to give support for other work that doesn't resonate with me, like this book.

Well, they did mention that there was distortion if you read that post above again...thing is, the word distortion can EASILY be overlooked as a minor thing. Like saying, "Oh that person who commited those crimes had distorted energy that day" lol
Godspeed!