Bring4th

Full Version: Paid Internet Trolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just came across links to these confessions:

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

I Was a Paid Internet Shill

Kind of makes one wonder, doesn't it? But I won't ask the obvious question as searching for the answer probably would lead us anywhere we want to be. Perhaps one of those questions which is best pondered silently. Wink
Wonder what the pay is. Could be a very easy and interesting job heh.
I suppose I'm too oblivious to realize what the "obvious question" is, but this is interesting none-the-less. Even if these are fake, the ability for online rhetoric to sway someone's opinion is strong enough to not be ignored by anyone who might care about public opinion with enough money to pay people to use these tactics.

There are certain massively popular online message boards where the "hive mind" is glaringly obvious (Reddit, 4chan). With enough paid trolls promoting (or defaming) certain people, ideas, or products, this would be a very powerful tool.
It would be kind of flattering if there were paid shills around this forum. Smile I mean if the Elites think it's worth to have them here.

Brittany

On one hand, the general style and composition of these posts makes them seem fabricated, which evokes a rather humorous irony.

On the other, some of the points that were raised seem eerily familiar.

I feel like saying more could incite another debate, which would again emphasize the irony of this topic as a whole. It would form a prime lure if there were those among us prone to finger pointing and poo slinging, inciting the very behavior it warns against.

My overall thought is to simply continue radiating love without fear, constantly discerning your own inner truth, regardless of who you are encountering in this community or any other. Sh!t is going to happen everywhere. The best you can do is try to avoid stepping in it.
I hope you guys don't mind but I just got a contract and now I get $50 every time I mention Doritos on Bring4th.
(10-01-2012, 01:13 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you guys don't mind but I just got a contract and now I get $50 every time I mention Doritos on Bring4th.

All I have to say to this is... "Lays" are indeed the best chips and not too expensive either... humm Lays all natural bio-inclined* perfectly crunchy chips... can't get enough !

Wink
Personally, I prefer Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop!
I'm a fan of Cheetoes Fiery Hot! Puffy, please!
http://www.thesecretworld.com/

I'm really a fan of this game, totally advertising but anyone wanna party up and fight some templars and illuminatis? BigSmile)

My Guy is Snowcrash1

I'm dragon, which represents neutral. the other two sides are illuminatis and templars, templars supposed to be good, illuminatis supposed to be super evil

hehehe
theres no tag line for the game so here's mine.

The secret world, a game so secret. I couldn't find it. Uhh...

Secretary of State: "I'm the secretary of state. Brought to you by Carl's Jr."
Joe: "Why do you keep saying that?"
Secretary of State: "'Cause they pay me every time I do. It's a really good way of making money. You're so smart, why don't you know that?"

Brittany

I pay myself every time I use sarcasm.

<slips self five bucks under the table>
(10-01-2012, 11:50 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I pay myself every time I use sarcasm.

<slips self five bucks under the table>

I tried that. The same five dollar bill used over and over does not seem to get me anywhere.
Pickle, im sorry, you clearly do not have what it takes to be a central banker.
(10-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Goldenratio Wrote: [ -> ]Secretary of State: "I'm the secretary of state. Brought to you by Carl's Jr."
Joe: "Why do you keep saying that?"
Secretary of State: "'Cause they pay me every time I do. It's a really good way of making money. You're so smart, why don't you know that?"

Loved Idiocracy. Good movie. Smile

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would have to pay people to troll forums.

Brittany

Yeah, I don't see much difference between a paid troll and a troll who does it for the fun of it. Crap is going to smell like crap, no matter who it comes from.
These people are just paying for random trolling.
They want directed trolling
Sometimes trolling hard, sometimes trolling soft.

Its about directing the conversation. Derailing independent thought, keeping it on the game that they have setup
Dam my cover is blown. (slinks back of under the bridge)
Got any watches to sell before you do?
(10-02-2012, 10:42 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I find it difficult to believe that anyone would have to pay people to troll forums.
(10-02-2012, 10:56 AM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I don't see much difference between a paid troll and a troll who does it for the fun of it. Crap is going to smell like crap, no matter who it comes from.

"Troll" is probably not a good word here. These people don't necessarily act in a trolling manner. Being abrasive would be counter-productive in their goals. The objective is to sway public opinion about one thing or another. When you have an expertly crafted "opinion" being spread across multiple communication platforms by a trained full-time staff, there's a very real effect.

I don't believe any forums like Bring4th would be a target for such tactics. I even highly doubt that any of the conspiracy oriented sites would be targeted; they do a good enough job as it is confusing themselves. But there are certain sites which are public enough to where this could have very real implications. Think massive social platforms like Reddit (8 million daily active registered members, each with a chance to share any story or comment on their respective social media outlet, and that's not counting the non-registered traffic). The nature of platforms like Reddit allow for the existence of a sort of hivemind, where if a certain concept is accepted by enough of the userbase, it becomes automatically accepted by the rest simply through repetitive exposure and groupthink. And once it breaks through to the hivemind, it easily goes "viral." Also certain major media outlets with visible "user comments" sections, popular blogs, or any other highly visible site where any particular person may read a comment and automatically accept it without any real discernment or questioning.
(10-03-2012, 01:08 AM)Goldenratio Wrote: [ -> ]Got any watches to sell before you do?

I do but they stop working on 21/12/12. Sorry.
(10-03-2012, 01:51 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]...I even highly doubt that any of the conspiracy oriented sites would be targeted...

I'm pretty sure there are some on GLP. Smile
What makes you think that Patrick? What sort of agendas do you think they would have there?
(10-03-2012, 01:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]What makes you think that Patrick? What sort of agendas do you think they would have there?

Not for corporate reasons per se, but the true Elites that were running the show on Earth have a good presence there. I would not even be surprised if the owners are in. What they censor is a good indication of this (e.g.: put "bitcoin" in a post or a link to sites like oneness-teachings.com and bam you are insta-banned). IMHO it's like a honey pot for people who are awakening to make sure they are kept in the conspiracy side of things... then you think you are awake, but you are kept in fear-based mode all the time.
Are you are suggesting that the conspiracy mindset requires active perpetuation from the "elites" to be maintained?

I suppose that it doesn't fall outside of the realm of possibility, but have you ever personally interacted with any individuals who maintain conspiracy-oriented websites, message boards, youtube channels, or anything of the like? The reason I say that they do a good job keeping themselves confused is that their agendas are usually so focused that they really wouldn't need any outside encouragement to continue their cycle of fear-based programming. This mindset reinforces itself very strongly, even more so (in my opinion) once it enters the realm of strengthening yellow ray activity.
(10-03-2012, 02:47 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you are suggesting that the conspiracy mindset requires active perpetuation from the "elites" to be maintained?...

Nope. GLP is a special case IMHO. The other conspiracy forums that I know of are not like that.

(10-03-2012, 02:47 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]...but have you ever personally interacted with any individuals who maintain conspiracy-oriented websites, message boards, youtube channels, or anything of the like?

Not that I am aware of, no.

(10-03-2012, 02:47 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I say that they do a good job keeping themselves confused is that their agendas are usually so focused that they really wouldn't need any outside encouragement to continue their cycle of fear-based programming. This mindset reinforces itself very strongly, even more so (in my opinion) once it enters the realm of strengthening yellow ray activity.

Indeed, I agree strongly. Smile
I agree about GLP. A lot of people use it as a source of cutting-edge news; it would be worth the investment to try to manage opinions there.
(10-04-2012, 02:12 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about GLP. A lot of people use it as a source of cutting-edge news; it would be worth the investment to try to manage opinions there.

i second that motion.. i believe the purpose would be to tell of apocalyptic 2012

i dont' see much of it then again i don't really entertain myself to find those people out or find those doomy message boards.
(10-03-2012, 02:47 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you are suggesting that the conspiracy mindset requires active perpetuation from the "elites" to be maintained?

I like how you said that.Smile
Pages: 1 2 3