Bring4th
My path to the Law of One + Part 3 on Jesus - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: My path to the Law of One + Part 3 on Jesus (/showthread.php?tid=18420)

My path to the Law of One + Part 3 on Jesus - Boxer Fan - 07-14-2020

Over the course of many decades now, my spiritual development has made a number of adjustments. Starting as a Christian, I wandered in and out of churches, and developed not just a few misgivings as to where it was all heading. Around 2000, I started investigating Judaism, and finally became Jewish. To actually make the conversion, I was expected to go before a Beit Din, which was a religious court of several rabbis who would judge whether I should become a Jew. By way of preparation, I was to write a few pages explaining why I was before them: Part 1 is drawn from that material.

Later, in Part 2, I’ll pickup the last 10-15 years to get where I am right now.

In Feb 2021, I added Part 3, which deals with the Jesus issue that really needed attention. Part 3 comments will appear after Post #20 below.

Part 1

When I was about eight or nine, I remember my parents taking me to their Methodist Church. I remember that well, not because of the experience at church, but rather because I had to dress up in a suit and wear a tie. We attended church sporadically, and I was always glad when we skipped a week. My grandparents were active members, and I think they hoped I wouldn't turn into a heathen. They set a good example, but didn't explain to me what they believed nor why it should be important to me.

It was the same with my parents as well. They lived a good, moral example, but never discussed their beliefs with me. What I learned came primarily from Sunday-school classes and various church social events. I was a Protestant, which made me a minority in a town that was predominantly Roman Catholic. That was fine with me, because I didn't want to eat fish on Friday and cross myself when I walked in front of the church.

The Journey Starts
When I got out of the Army in 1968 and moved to Virginia, I started going to a local Baptist church and was “saved” by accepting Jesus as my savior. Within a few years, while at the University of Virginia, I was involved in the Charismatic movement and became what I referred to as an “enthusiastic Christian.” At that time I studied the OT and NT quite diligently, and read both of them completely several times. I came to know and trust the one true God of Israel; I trusted the Bible as His word to man on how to live and worship. I prayed, experienced miracles, and enjoyed good health and a certain measure of prosperity. However, I never really belonged to a church that I felt was for me. I found nice people usually, but not much substance beyond Sunday attendance. I drifted along asking myself questions and not hearing answers. Where did God go anyhow?

My understanding at this point: Jesus became a blood sacrifice to atone for my sins and to provide for my salvation, thereby avoiding an eternity in hell. Adam had sinned, I inherited his sin nature, and unless I accepted the pardon provided by Jesus, I was lost.

First Questions
So I asked what would become of the righteous folks who didn’t hear this message; I found that they were lost unless someone got the word to them: thus, I should evangelize. But, something was clearly wrong here if the righteous are condemned. Abraham argued with God about the destruction of the righteous when Sodom was judged; it would be out of character for God to destroy the righteous without giving them a chance. The Christian answer is that God does give them a chance ... they hear the Gospel, and if they accept Jesus, they’re saved. If they don’t accept, too bad, they had their chance and rejected the free gift of salvation. On the other hand, I assert that the righteous do receive their just reward and are not condemned.

Another question I had early on was the “unpardonable sin” mentioned in the NT. What does it mean? Nobody knows. Is it rejecting Jesus at some point after a person had become a Christian? How can there be a sin that cannot be forgiven? I suspect that it’s undefined to cause folks to stay within Christianity and not leave. Ever.

More Questions
Having read the Bible, I see that Jews approached God directly, and at Sinai a bit more directly than they wanted, but there was no intermediary other than Moses. He gave the Torah and described the sacrificial requirements for various sins; however, the people could always pray directly to God, repent, and expect to find forgiveness within the framework of the Torah. Although temple worship and sacrifices are not possible now, people can still pray and repent of their sins: blood sacrifices are not necessary. How could this all be abrogated by the arrival of Jesus? Impossible. Additionally, there’s no mention of his vicarious atonement for sins in the OT, and certainly no suggestion that he would be God on earth, which would violate the Commandment to “... have no other gods before Me.” The Christian approaches God in the name of Jesus; my conclusion is that I can come to God directly.

What was the motivation for the concept of Jesus being a blood sacrifice? This shows up in Paul’s writings, but not the four Gospels. Decades after the death of Jesus, Christianity continued as a sect within Judaism, but problems began when Paul started bringing in the Gentiles without the new converts first becoming Jews. How was he getting all the converts? Evidently the pagan worship involved blood sacrifice, and if he described Jesus as their personal sacrifice, it made sense and won them over. Because the doctrine of Jesus as a sacrifice appears to have been added later to grow the church, it does not follow that my redemption and salvation should depend on it. Therefore, I should look to the Law of Moses as given directly by God: I have confidence in that truth.

During the first century CE, Jesus was also given divine status through the Trinity concept. It all worked well to increase the popularity of Christianity, but at the same time, the new church doctrines became severely at odds with Judaism’s monotheism. Jesus made no claim to be God, but rather did the works of God by demonstrating love and living the Golden Rule. I think that Jesus never intended to be more than man, and did not consider himself deity. (Did he really say he was the only way to the Father?) Years later, the Trinity concept was added in because it supported the evolving beliefs that disregarded the Law of Moses. The result was that the Law of Moses was replaced by the Christian law of love, but provides neither guidelines nor discipline.

Miracles? Answered Prayers?
Based on my reservations concerning Christianity, how could I have experienced miracles and seen my prayers answered? Without Christianity, will I no longer enjoy the benefits of the relationship I have with God? Why has Christianity worked even if it seems broken? The answer: God is loving and patient to wait for me to find myself; in the meanwhile, even if I’m not worshiping as I should, He still honors my monotheism that holds Him as the one true God of Israel. He stays in contact even though in my past He’s shared His glory and honor with Jesus. I find that the Christian concepts are not necessary to have a vital living relationship with God, our Father.

That begs the question then, what of prayers for healing? As a Christian, the doctrine is that I’m healed by the sacrificial blood and stripes of Jesus when he suffered on the cross. The OT, the foundation for the NT, provides ample precedent for God’s healing sickness and disease. The healing ministry of Jesus, as described in the four Gospels, illustrated that healing came from God the Father. In fact, Jesus said, “I can of myself do nothing ...” (John 5.30) I suspect that he was operating in the same power that God provided the various OT prophets such as Isaiah and Elijah. Consequently, because I’ve looked to the God of Israel for health, He’s honored that for decades, and I’m confident He will continue to answer my prayers as I become a Jew.

Why Judaism?
The simple answer is that I believe in the one true God of Israel. The Torah is true, and it provides answers to all the questions I have now or might have in the future. It shows the way for repentance and the forgiveness of sins. It shows how one might live a fulfilling life with purpose. As to Judaism itself, it’s true historically, philosophically, and spiritually: it’s an authentic religion based on facts beyond dispute.

What Have I Done?
Twenty years ago, I first started learning Hebrew; then I examined the larger picture of spiritual issues that needed answers. I’ve associated with the Jewish people, attended synagogue services, studied the Tanakh, read a variety of Jewish books, and considered Jewish values. I do tzedakah, attempt to eat kosher (somewhat), and have mezuzot on doorways. I do mitzvot, or attempt to, and find they add meaning to my daily life.

During the next ten years, I found Judaism a fulfilling way to live and worship God, growing in my relationship with Him. Life does matter, and my actions can give meaning to my daily activity. I can make life holy by acts of kindness; I can sanctify the ordinary and make it holy. I can do what’s right and just, uphold Jewish values, and keep the commandments. Continued Torah study provides spiritual growth at home and within the Jewish community. The expected result? A genuine life of blessing doing the will of God.

Part 2

By 2015 or so, I began to sense that my development might need some adjustment. Although I was seeing some of the expected results of Judaism, my feeling of “spirit” during typical weekly services was missing. Being curious, as well as studious, I began investigating other options, the first being mystical Judaism, Kabbalah.

Kabbalah was a bit of a stretch, but it did speak of reincarnation as part of Judaism. At this point, I had not considered that topic at all, especially because it was not part of my experience within Christianity or Conservative Judaism. I filed the concept away, along with Kabbalah, at least for the time being.

The Reading Begins
As an engineer, albeit retired, I’m inclined to pick up on the scientific approach to a new topic. Lynne McTaggart’s The Intention Experiment and The Field got my attention; they led next to multiple books on quantum physics, non-local events, entanglement, reality, and consciousness.

Dr. Larry Dossey’s One Mind was one of the seminal books that I read multiple times; his ideas of universal consciousness stretched my understanding of what might be possible. I read five of his other books, and started searching for more like it.

Another that I found was The Last Frontier by Julia Assante, PhD. I learned more about reincarnation and what might be going on in the spiritual domain. What is the afterlife all about? By this point, I was reading everything I could find.

One comes to mind: The Heart of the Mind, by Katra & Targ. Here was a book bringing science, spirituality, and God together to form the basis of Perennial Philosophy … I think. This was all uncharted territory for me.

The big turn came when I read Dr. Michael Newton’s Journey of Souls. It made sense! I read his other books, then turned to Dr. Brian Weiss. He presented the same metaphysics as Dr Newton, but coming from a different angle. His first book, Many Lives, Many Masters, convinced me reincarnation is real; I read all his other books.

The Law of One
Somewhere in all the reading, I stumbled onto the Law of One. By this time, I had dozens of ideas of what might be happening, but not much structure. The Perennial Philosophy had an organized metaphysics, but did not resonate at all with me.

***** 8/7/2020: The Synchronicity Key by David Wilcock was likely the book that sparked my interest in the Law of One. *****

So what did I find when I started The Law of One, Book 1? Certainly not much structure at first glance. To be sure, the question-answer exchanges were a difficult read, but by mid-Book 2, I began to get my head wrapped around some of the concepts; I bought printed copies of both Teaching the Law of One volumes. Then I read the eBook version of The Choice, and the printed Concept Guide. Currently reading the Wanderer’s Handbook eBook.

Where Am I Now?
Someone once said, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” Yes, that’s me, and I’m soaking up the concepts as fast as I can. I was looking for spiritual life (I found it) and metaphysical structure (found that too).

I have my daily early-morning routine: 20 minutes meditation and prayer; 40 minutes hatha yoga (Jon Kabat-Zinn); and walking at least three miles in an hour or so. Every morning for the last two years this has continued.

Recently, I’ve been able to listen to the Podcasts when I’m walking. Starting from the first episode takes awhile – I’m up to around #40 at the moment. Those discussions add to my reading.

I have questions:
  1. Holdover from years ago: where/who is the Holy Spirit? My higher self? The Creator?
  2. How to integrate with Larry Dossey’s “one mind” connection? We’re all one with each other, so is it really that simple?

Part 3 - The Jesus Issue

Here in Part 3, I revisit my understanding of Jesus. He was a major factor of much of my early life, and now I examine this topic from a perspective of the Law of One. My prior concept of the Holy Spirit still concerned me as well, and I consider that first.

In Part 1, I discussed many of the reasons why I made a break with Christianity, and why I embraced Judaism instead.

In Part 2, I described my feeling of spiritual lack, and why I began investigating far beyond Conservative Judaism. My search led to the Law of One.

The Holy Spirit
Near the end of Part 2, I had some questions, one of which was "... where/who is the Holy Spirit? My higher self? The Creator?"

A number of insightful responses led to my tentative conclusion of what might be an answer of sorts. So, in Post #14 (following Parts 1, 2, 3 in this thread), I wrote:
"My conclusion then becomes this:
What I formerly believed was the 'Holy Spirit' really was my Higher Self speaking to me while meditating, praying, or dreaming. Meanwhile my guide is more of a present chatting with me, who also catches my attention with synchronicity now and then."

Finally, in Post #20, I said, "... another thought I had was that perhaps the Holy Spirit is Intelligent Infinity making the connection into our Spirit Complex."

This seemed the most plausible to me, and that led me to the "Spirit Complex" chapter in Gary Bean's A Concept Guide. I need much study yet in that area.

The Jesus Issue
As I reflected on the Holy Spirit, I gradually became convinced that Jesus might be important to consider as well. After all, his message of Love is entirely consistent with all that I've understood thus far in the Law of One.

From the dialog in the Ra Material, I gather that Jesus is perhaps a fifth-density entity who incarnated on earth to show the Creator's Love and Light. Being enlightened, he was seen as being divine by the people of that time. Their subsequent misunderstandings led over time to the concepts of vicarious atonement, Jesus being the only son of God, the virgin birth, and other distortions.

At this point, I began to see that Jesus could indeed be more real than I had thought in my earlier years. As an ascended entity, his "being" is no longer the distant figure portrayed in what I considered Christianity was all about. My horizon widened, and I began to think of new possibilities.

Six months ago, while I was meditating, I experienced the feeling of a great spaciousness and stillness around me: a quiet peace that's happened only infrequently for me. I heard/perceived just three soft words, "I love you." At the time, I guessed it was likely my guide, or maybe even the Creator.

Several months later, during my daily three-mile morning walk, I was still considering who the voice might have been, especially given that perhaps Jesus might have been speaking to me. After all, with my wider horizon, an ascended being like Jesus could certainly have spoken to me. My walk is also a meditation and prayer time of sorts, so I asked Jesus if we could have a relationship together. I asked, "Could we chat? Were you the one who spoke to me earlier?" Made sense to me.

Synchronicity is typical during my day, and I expected something would turn up that might answer the questions. I knew he could easily communicate with me; my guide does that, and I recognize her. However, how to know Jesus was speaking rather than me talking to myself? Within a week, I received a book that confirmed that it was indeed Jesus speaking; shortly after that, I heard during meditation, "All is well."

Perhaps all this was part of my pre-incarnation plan: to become more loving. In a previous lifetime, I might have been quite unloving, so I planned to be born into an unloving family in order to learn love. This was certainly my childhood situation, and during the course of my life, I looked for love in all the wrong ways. The recent encounter with Jesus supports my quest and gets me in line with my original plan.

Meanwhile our relationship continues to deepen. He's teaching me to be more loving, which is perfectly on target because of the daily caregiver challenges I face.

So what am I? Certainly I don't consider myself a "Christian" because I don't subscribe to all that comes with it. The Love message and the relationship with Jesus resonates, but I surely wouldn't be welcome in church without accepting all the dogma.

Conclusion: I'm simply a person who follows Jesus and learns Love from him.

RE: My path to the Law of One (still writing this!) - ada - 07-14-2020

Hello there Boxer Fan, thank you for sharing some of your life journey. I enjoyed reading about what you've been through so far.

If may I ask, and you do not have to reply if it feels not right with you.

What has brought you to these forums, and have you read the associated material?

I saw in an earlier post you mentioned polarity, that gave me some indication that you might have.. I'm not completely sure though. If so, how far have you read? And does it resonate with you? Smile

RE: My path to the Law of One (still writing this!) - Boxer Fan - 07-14-2020

Thanks, ada, for your interest.

Topics I'll be writing next ...
Yes, I've read both V1&V2 - all 106 - and that was enough to get me involved. Finished The Choice too. Working on Concept Guide, and Wanderers now. I walk 3 mi every morning, and so far I'm up to Podcast 37. There's a massive amount of available material on the web sites, so I keep busy.

My path is toward STO. Being a caregiver (topic for another time), I'm bombarded with catalyst daily. Making up for lost time! Smile

***** 8/6/2020: See Caregiving in https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18471  *****

Stay tuned ... a play on words ... in my world of electrical engineering, one "tunes" a circuit to resonance, which for me is a peak.  

RE: My path to the Law of One - joshyates1980 - 08-02-2020

(07-14-2020, 07:16 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: My path is toward STO. Being a caregiver (topic for another time), I'm bombarded with catalyst daily. Making up for lost time! Smile

Thank you for sharing your story. Yes sir, you are service-to-other with the daily catalyst which is great when embraced. I appreciate your higher vibs!

RE: My path to the Law of One - Patrick - 08-02-2020

The holy spirit could be our logos. The logos of our sun.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 08-18-2020

Thanks also to joshyates1980 and Patrick for your comments.

Patrick, I'm inclined to think that our Higher Self could be what Christians think of as the Holy Spirit. Although, "speaking in tongues" is attributed to baptism in the (Holy) Spirit, and that confounds the whole issue not a little bit. Also, the limited amount I've learned about our Higher Self seems to indicate communication through dreams or meditation, rather than spoken words; the Logos doesn't reach out to us individually, does it?

Who might be speaking, if not our Higher Self?
Thoughts on this one?

RE: My path to the Law of One - flofrog - 08-19-2020

Thank you Boxer Fan for sharing your story, I just read right now.

It’s very moving as it is a long studious path Wink

I was bornfrom a Protestant family in france, Protestants there are a minority under just one church.  My parents were very loving, not real church goers but we had a wonderful pastor who was a friend and we would debate all subjects with him in a very free intellectual discussion, including possibility of reincarnation.  I became a Buddhist in my twenties and it still part of me today though I don’t consider myself anything...  I just love my humane family, my animal family and my rock, plant, tree, cosmos  family, lol.  Not sure what I don’t really love, really BigSmile

I wonder, to your question of the Holy Spirit, if it wouldn’t just be Creator’s energy ?  And then it is us since we do have the same energy as creators ourselves so higher self would also be an answer...  Wink

As to we are all One, yes I think it is that simple !!! It’s all most certainly simpler than we all make it, right ???

Take good care Boxer Fan, it’s lovely to have you here..

RE: My path to the Law of One - AnthroHeart - 08-19-2020

(08-19-2020, 04:56 AM)flofrog Wrote: Thank you Boxer Fan for sharing your story, I just read right now.

It’s very moving as it is a long studious path Wink

I was bornfrom a Protestant family in france, Protestants there are a minority under just one church.  My parents were very loving, not real church goers but we had a wonderful pastor who was a friend and we would debate all subjects with him in a very free intellectual discussion, including possibility of reincarnation.  I became a Buddhist in my twenties and it still part of me today though I don’t consider myself anything...  I just love my humane family, my animal family and my rock, plant, tree, cosmos  family, lol.  Not sure what I don’t really love, really BigSmile

I wonder, to your question of the Holy Spirit, if it wouldn’t just be Creator’s energy ?  And then it is us since we do have the same energy as creators ourselves so higher self would also be an answer...  Wink

As to we are all One, yes I think it is that simple !!! It’s all most certainly simpler than we all make it, right ???

Take good care Boxer Fan, it’s lovely to have you here..

My dad told me Protestant is anyone who isn't Catholic. Does that apply in France too?

And a late welcome Boxer Fan.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Infinite - 08-19-2020

Thank you for your incredible story Boxer Fan. I can answer your questions based on my studies and experiences, which although limited, are a sincere and humble opinion that I offer and it's your free choice to accept what resonates with you and discard what doesn't.

(07-14-2020, 03:09 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: [*]Holdover from years ago: where/who is the Holy Spirit? My higher self? The Creator?

I have been studying manifestations of what is called the Holy Spirit in evangelical churches. This manifestation is about kundalini activity. At least in terms of what is experienced by adherents of such churches, Holy Spirit would be the kundalini energy.

(07-14-2020, 03:09 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: [*]How to integrate with Larry Dossey’s “one mind” connection? We’re all one with each other, so is it really that simple?

It's not simple. There are several paths to mysticism. In terms of requirements, my understanding is that it's necessary to clean and balance the chakras minimally, making the kundalini reach the brow chakra, called third eye in esoteric circles. When this occurs, the person enters a state of consciousness usually called samadhi, although it's still a contact with the one mind. There are several levels in terms of these mystical experiences. I'm not aware of Larry Dossey's work, but from the terminology it seems to me to refer to that.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Patrick - 08-19-2020

(08-19-2020, 04:56 AM)flofrog Wrote: ...

1.7 Wrote:...your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things...

It is that simple yes.  But we amuse ourselves by pretending that it isn't that simple. Wink

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 08-27-2020

(08-19-2020, 09:02 AM)Infinite Wrote: Thank you for your incredible story Boxer Fan. I can answer your questions based on my studies and experiences, which although limited, are a sincere and humble opinion that I offer and it's your free choice to accept what resonates with you and discard what doesn't.

(07-14-2020, 03:09 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: Holdover from years ago: where/who is the Holy Spirit? My higher self? The Creator?
I have been studying manifestations of what is called the Holy Spirit in evangelical churches. This manifestation is about kundalini activity. At least in terms of what is experienced by adherents of such churches, Holy Spirit would be the kundalini energy.

(07-14-2020, 03:09 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: How to integrate with Larry Dossey’s “one mind” connection? We’re all one with each other, so is it really that simple?
It's not simple. There are several paths to mysticism. In terms of requirements, my understanding is that it's necessary to clean and balance the chakras minimally, making the kundalini reach the brow chakra, called third eye in esoteric circles. When this occurs, the person enters a state of consciousness usually called samadhi, although it's still a contact with the one mind. There are several levels in terms of these mystical experiences. I'm not aware of Larry Dossey's work, but from the terminology it seems to me to refer to that.

Thanks, Infinite, for your thoughts on kundalini. At this point, that's a tad beyond me, but I did find a lot of details - and a warning - in Gary's book, A Concept Guide.
What I've seen and experienced myself in evangelical churches was quite tame in comparison to kundalini.

I'm still leaning in the direction that the Holy Spirit is really our Higher Self speaking. Not in dreams or meditation, but the speaking might actually be channeling the words of the speaker's Higher Self.
Speculation on my part!
PS: Channeling doesn't seem a likely explanation of glossolalia though.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Ymarsakar - 09-16-2020

Journey of souls, loved that book and replayed audio many itmes.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Diana - 09-17-2020

(08-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: I'm still leaning in the direction that the Holy Spirit is really our Higher Self speaking. Not in dreams or meditation, but the speaking might actually be channeling the words of the speaker's Higher Self.
Speculation on my part!

Here is a quote from Ra on the higher self, which may help in getting some further clarification:

Quote:70.8 Questioner: What I am trying to understand here is more about the higher self and its relationship with the mind/body/spirit complex. Does the higher self have a sixth-density mind/body/spirit complex that is a separate unit from the mind/body/spirit complex that is, in this case, displaced to negative time/space?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The higher self is the entity of mid-sixth density which, turning back, offers this service to its self.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 11:52 AM)Diana Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: I'm still leaning in the direction that the Holy Spirit is really our Higher Self speaking. Not in dreams or meditation, but the speaking might actually be channeling the words of the speaker's Higher Self.
Speculation on my part!
Here is a quote from Ra on the higher self, which may help in getting some further clarification:

Quote:70.8 Questioner: What I am trying to understand here is more about the higher self and its relationship with the mind/body/spirit complex. Does the higher self have a sixth-density mind/body/spirit complex that is a separate unit from the mind/body/spirit complex that is, in this case, displaced to negative time/space?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The higher self is the entity of mid-sixth density which, turning back, offers this service to its self.

Thanks, Diana, and indeed we might be hearing from the Higher Self speaking. But ... I'm still hung up on how to explain glossolalia, because that's from the Holy Spirit (according to Christianity). Why would the Higher Self speak in tongues and then have another person speak an interpretation? At this point, I'm inclined to toss the whole of glossolalia out as overworked imagination on the part of enthusiastic believers.
My conclusion then becomes this:
What I formerly believed was the "Holy Spirit" really was my Higher Self speaking to me while meditating, praying, or dreaming. Meanwhile my guide is more of a present chatting with me, who also catches my attention with synchronicity now and then.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Ymarsakar - 09-17-2020

Same initials. Holy spirit. Higher self. Hint hint

Time travel paradoxes incoming. Brain burn

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 06:26 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Same initials. Holy spirit. Higher self. Hint hint

Time travel paradoxes incoming. Brain burn
Well, both are H-S aren't they? Like much in metaphysics, we can't really nail it down, but it sure is an interesting thought.
Thanks!  Smile

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 10-04-2020

(09-16-2020, 11:52 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Journey of souls, loved that book and replayed audio many itmes.
Indeed, Journey of Souls is excellent! The followup Destiny of Souls adds more details, and is surely worth the reading.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Infinite - 11-01-2020

(08-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: Thanks, Infinite, for your thoughts on kundalini. At this point, that's a tad beyond me, but I did find a lot of details - and a warning - in Gary's book, A Concept Guide.
What I've seen and experienced myself in evangelical churches was quite tame in comparison to kundalini.

I'm still leaning in the direction that the Holy Spirit is really our Higher Self speaking. Not in dreams or meditation, but the speaking might actually be channeling the words of the speaker's Higher Self.
Speculation on my part!

Boxer Fan, I suggest to you the book "Kundalini Energy & Christian Spirituality: A Pathway to Growth & Healing" by Philip St. Romain.

RE: My path to the Law of One - jafar - 11-06-2020

As of now my tendency is to 'view' Holy Spirit / Higher Self is like a "container" for all of the information gathered from the experiences of identity's lifetime.

As as similitude, in metaphorical sense, the relationship is like me (the consciousness behind the forum avatar) and the avatar. I (the consciousness) can have multiple avatars 'living' and 'experiencing' this web forum and also myriad of other web forums. I (the consciousness) can also came up with different personality for each web forum avatar, one is male the other one is female, one is grumpy while the other one is happy and so on and so on. I (the consciousness)  identify myself to all of those avatars, and that is why I call them MY web forum avatars. And I (the consciousness)  became the placeholder for all information gathered from all of MY web forum avatars 'living' in many web forums.

The metaphor above is of course not 100% exact, due to the fact that each avatar do not have a 'memory isolation / veil' between them.

But when it's being applied, then it will be like when an 'avatar' dies, he/she/it shall 'merge' with his/her/it's 'higher self'. And through this 'merging' the 'memory isolation / veil' shall be dissolved and the memory / information gathered from many other avatars will also be available to him/her/it. And he/she/it realize that I'm also that and that and that avatars.

This can be easily understood as the only thing that makes you identify yourself with the body and image that you see in the mirror is because you have access to the memory / information of experiences of that persona, that body and image that you see in the mirror. The memory / information of experiences of that avatar only.

But let's say suddenly the memory / information gathered from an avatar named Adolf Hitler who lived in Germany at the beginning of 20th century is also available to you, then you will also say that I'm also Adolf Hitler. I'm also a German / Austrian. I'm also the last Fuhrer of 3rd Reich, German is my language, Blondi is my dog and so on.

You will also then have a tendency to say that I (the consciousness) am a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. But certainly it is NOT Adolf Hitler who is reincarnating to become you. But the I (the consciousness) of an avatar named Adolf Hitler and the I (the consciousness) of an avatar named <fill your name here> is actually the same I. As the memory isolation / veil between those two avatars has dissolved.

Now imagined that it's very much possible that the I (the consciousness) can have millions if not billions of avatars experiencing many worlds / realms in many point of time.

This concept is easier to grasp if you're also aware of how computer or smart phone works. In a computer each 'application' will have dedicated space of memory / place of information and it's isolated. Application cannot have access to the memory space of another applications, if this happened then "memory violation error" will occur. Many applications can run on the same computer, even at the same time, each is allocated it's own dedicated memory address space. The application is the avatar and the computer and it's memory space is the 'higher self'.

To make matter more complicated and exciting, the computer is then connected to many other computers through the internet to form a unification / interconnection between 'higher selves'.

RE: My path to the Law of One - Boxer Fan - 11-08-2020

(11-01-2020, 08:42 AM)Infinite Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Boxer Fan Wrote: Thanks, Infinite, for your thoughts on kundalini. At this point, that's a tad beyond me, but I did find a lot of details - and a warning - in Gary's book, A Concept Guide.

Speculation on my part!

Boxer Fan, I suggest to you the book "Kundalini Energy & Christian Spirituality: A Pathway to Growth & Healing" by Philip St. Romain.
Infinite, that book surely comes with enthusiastic reviews, and I read a number of sections in it. While I recognize everyone will have a different kundalini experience, St. Romain's path was far more committed than I'd be able to handle given my role as a full-time caregiver (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18471).

I probably should spin off another thread, but since we're already talking about the Holy Spirit, another thought I had was that perhaps the Holy Spirit is Intelligent Infinity making the connection into our Spirit Complex.