Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would you say that interpretation is accurate Monkey?
Monkey you look like Adam Kokesh. great dream.

3DMonkey

(11-07-2011, 04:27 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Would you say that interpretation is accurate Monkey?

Sort of. I think "friend" is an internal aspect "friend". I don't have any friends IRL.
(11-07-2011, 04:27 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]Monkey you look like Adam Kokesh. great dream.

Nooooooooo

I don't have the physique either.

I'm probably closer to a short Diedrich Bader
But I'd like to think of myself as a Tony Parker
well the baby makes it hard to see.
(11-07-2011, 08:36 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2011, 04:27 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Would you say that interpretation is accurate Monkey?

Sort of. I think "friend" is an internal aspect "friend". I don't have any friends IRL.

When using a symbolism dictionary to interpret dreams, I always take it with a grain of salt. There are consistent symbols within the human mind that are relevant to every person, but each individual also has their own unique and intricate psychology which the unconscious draws from to communicate. I don't feel like dreams can be interpreted by any other source than the individual and someone who is familiar with their specific psychological biases (like a therapist or something).

A Question: what does it mean a bus, seeing yourself in a bus, most of the time as a passenger? Since I am paying atention to my oniric journeys, I've realized it's one of the recurrent objects I use.

I check Dream Moods website for symbolisms, where it's interpreted as "going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and control over where your life is taking". Any other meanings anyone?
(11-09-2011, 04:38 PM)Odinn Wrote: [ -> ]A Question: what does it mean a bus, seeing yourself in a bus, most of the time as a passenger? Since I am paying atention to my oniric journeys, I've realized it's one of the recurrent objects I use.

I check Dream Moods website for symbolisms, where it's interpreted as "going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and control over where your life is taking". Any other meanings anyone?
Vehicles that you are in are typically 'vehicles of consciousness'. Car is ego. Bus is public. With the limited info, I'd agree superficially, that a bus passenger does mean lack of involvement over where your life is headed due to going along with the crowd. So where was the bus headed?
(11-09-2011, 10:33 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2011, 04:38 PM)Odinn Wrote: [ -> ]A Question: what does it mean a bus, seeing yourself in a bus, most of the time as a passenger? Since I am paying atention to my oniric journeys, I've realized it's one of the recurrent objects I use.

Vehicles that you are in are typically 'vehicles of consciousness'. Car is ego. Bus is public. With the limited info, I'd agree superficially, that a bus passenger does mean lack of involvement over where your life is headed due to going along with the crowd. So where was the bus headed?

So, vehicles of consciousness; didn't think of it, thanks :-)

As for where the bus heads to, there's no destination. It's the trip itself, more than the destination, I think. It seems to be a platform from where I watch (landscapes, towns, road episodes, etc.), through the windows and the windshield. Sometimes I can identify with the driver; sometimes I experience the speed of the vehicle; sometimes I talk with / hear from other passenger.
Had a cool flying dream the other night. First I was flying around in a small top-hat shaped silver craft, just big enough for me to stand up in. I was just bopping around all over the place. But after awhile I got frustrated because I couldn't see what was below my feet and I kept banging into things. Then I got out and started flying around on my own, which was much more enjoyable. I was flying around standing upright. My father appeared (he passed away many years ago) and said that it would be better if I flew around horizontal, like Superman flies. So I did that for a while and was zooming around in a starry expanse. Lots of fun! Then I found myself walking in a large museum, like the Louvre. I tried flying up a flight of stairs, but I found it difficult to do so, and eventually started walking around instead. Then the dream morphed into a more usual sort of dream.

I liked flying around!
i used to have flying dreams as a kid, when i was lucid. it was the first thing i did. i had a sex dream about a friend of mine. it was nice. i don't have feelings for her but the dream felt so nice, it's time for my lesbian dreams again.
maybe the flying advice was a metaphor for something else. what could it be?
I had another epic-length dream last night. David Wilcock had become such an enemy of the state, that he had been confined (Soviet-style) to a mental institution. The hospital was an imposing brick structure with no windows on the first 3 floors, making escape difficult. At first, I was just an invisible observer of the situation, as if I were watching a movie. Eventually, I decided to become a participant. I found myself outside the building, on the grounds at the front. I noticed a large ventilation fixture on the front of the building, about 30 feet up, with a louvered cover; I scaled the wall, with only the merest of fingerholds between the bricks, and managed to find a part of the ventilation duct cover that I could pry open. I slithered into the duct and made my way to a large storage room, which I entered.

In the mean time, a sympathetic doctor and nurse in the hospital, working clandestinely, had helped David to escape the watch of the hospital staff, but had not managed to get him out yet. I found this doctor and nurse in the storage room, and saw that David was hiding on the top shelf of a large shelving unit, flattened out like a lizard on a tree limb. Words were not spoken, but the other 3 sized me up and realized that I was there to help; the doctor provided me with a white lab coat, which I donned, just in time to see the hospital administrator and a couple of orderlies come in searching for David. The doctor and nurse gave me the cover of an official visitor, and the administrator failed to find David, even though he was standing right underneath him.

There followed a long series of narrow escapes; we had to move David constantly around the building, hiding in boxes, behind furniture, etc, as the hospital staff grew ever more frantic trying to find him.

Then at last we had an opportunity to free him from the hospital. There was a metal loading dock door down on the ground level at the corner of the building, and we had sneaked David down there by some clever ruse. We had the door open and were just about to spring him when some staff arrived; it looked as if we would be discovered. Just then, fate intervened; three tourists (or perhaps they were recent immigrants?) from Hungary were walking down the street right in front of us; having lived, at one time, under totalitarian rule themselves, they instantly ascertained what was at stake, and decided to help us out. One of them feigned being the victim of a hit-and-run driver, and the other two yelled for help from the hospital staff; they caused so much commotion, that the staff was momentarily distracted, and we were able to slip David out of the building.

We were not yet free. A Gestapo-like secret police was called in to search for David; they saturated the town, and again he had to hide, in shrubbery and so on. I had by this time become a suspect in his escape, and we had another long series of near-captures. Finally, I saw a secret policeman heading for David's hiding place in a bed of boxwoods. I distracted him; he recognized me, and began yelling for backup. I looked up to my right, and saw, on a building, a gap in the sheet metal facade around a second-story balcony. I nimbly scaled the building, squeezed through the gap, and escaped for good, as did David, while the policeman was looking at me.

The dream then fast-forwarded a couple of years. The side of the Light had won the struggle; and among other things, humanity was now presented with an astounding series of useful technological advances. One of them was the means of constructing multi-story buildings using small, light stainless-steel couplings in place of heavy steel girders. I was on the third or 4th story of a new luxury hotel that was being constructed in this fashion. I, and the others who had helped David escape, had become famous; I was a sort of elder statesman of the Human Enlightenment movement, and had been given a luxury suite in the new hotel, which was the first room finished. I was walking around, inspecting the construction activities, when I spied, down on the ground, those same three Hungarians who had helped us before. They were humble people and did not want to attract attention to themselves, and they started to leave. I yelled down to them in Hungarian (which I can't speak!), and insisted they come up and join me. I instructed the construction superintendent to fetch them, and strode off to my suite to prepare coffee and brandy for the honored guests. The dream then ended.

In my telling of it, the dream doesn't sound as exciting as it was. It would indeed have made a great movie, full of suspense and intrigue.
Cool dream Eddie. I liked the part where they couldn't see David even standing directly below him.
this was from a couple of nights ago ... and how I described it to a friend yesterday ...

- -

I had a dream last night where I was a Bear. I had a clan that included wolves and other forest creatures, and we went on a hunt. There were about 10 of us and we attacked (or were attacked by) another clan. They included lions and also other creatures. It was all rather ferocious and primal, and it was more intense than any movie or video game that you could imagine. The speed at which the battle moved was insane.

of course, all dreams are symbolic at some level, but I wonder if there is a Recall buried in there.

it seemed like it had 'happened before' rather than playing out in my dream reality.

more grist.

- -

lol. Never really had 'animal' dreams before. I wonder if this is a memory recall from a previous 2nd Density existence, or a possible 4th Density representation of a 'light battle'.

of course ... it could be all symbolic Tongue as most dreams are.

thought I'd share anyway (and no, I have NOT played the Druid shape-shifting class in World of Warcraft before you ask ...) haha
Eddie, your dream is cool! prolly triggered by all this David stuff. maybe it's a premonition.
Last night, I slept fitfully, with alternating periods of sleeping and waking; and in each period of sleep, I had unpleasant and vivid dreams. In The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth explains that dreams have many functions, one of which is to provide us with the emotional (or hormonal) response necessary for emotional healing. A bunch of people have been snapping at me at work lately, for perceived infractions, and I suspect that these dreams may have been for that purpose. Here's one of them (note: long read, with some violent imagery):

I found myself back in Darlington, South Carolina, where I lived during the 1990s. I was in an office building housing a government agency where I used to work. I was standing in a small antechamber next to the front door. I looked out into the parking lot and saw someone driving a farm truck toward the door; it was a "honey wagon", i.e., a tanker truck used for hauling liquid manure from a swine or dairy-farming operation. The truck did not stop, but crashed through the front door, entering about 5 feet into the building, with no damage to the truck. I thought it must have been an accident, but the driver reversed the truck, backed out into the parking lot, got a running start, and crashed into the building again; this time he made it all the way in, and somehow managed to navigate the hallway, drive through the secretary's office, and get the truck into the office of the District Conservationist for that county. He then opened the valve at the rear of the truck, and began spewing liquid manure all over the office. I realized then that he had some grudge over a dispute (either contractual or personal), and that this deliberate act was his way of expressing his anger. Manure began to flood the building, and as it was quitting time anyway, I decided to leave and go home.

I walked through the ruined doorway out into the parking lot, but couldn't find my pickup truck. I looked down and saw an alligator (not a large one, about 6 feet long); it was harnessed to a small, low cart. There was a short stick-shift lever on the alligator's tail, with 2 forward and one reverse speeds, and neutral. I sat in the cart, and by manipulating the gear shift and reigns, managed to get the alligator to pull me out onto the main road, and started heading for home. (Odd or inappropriate vehicles are common in my dreams; I often find myself driving down the interstate highway on a piece of carpet or a sled, or in a cardboard box.)

We were making steady progress, but moving very slowly, just above human walking speed. The harness/reigns were made of a stretchy synthetic material, with multiple strands and a pulley assembly, which allowed me to lengthen or shorten the harness. I noticed ahead of me in traffic, an 18-wheel truck; on the back of the trailer was an electrical coupling with a conduit out a few inches from the doorway. I shortened up the main part of the harness, freeing up a long section with a hook at the end; I cast it up onto the electrical conduit and caught it with the hook, and allowed the truck to pull the alligator-cart at higher speed. We proceeded into the center of town and stopped at a red light.

I had gone as far as I needed to go in that direction, and needed to turn right. So I tugged on my reigns to try to free them from the truck. This caused the electrical coupling and conduit to rip off the back of the truck, and go flying backward and to the right. It landed in some flowers in a planting on the sidewalk. The truck driver was looking into his right-side mirror at the time, and saw what happened; he stormed out of his truck, and said to me, "I'm Angry! I'm Angry!". I realized he was going to try to run over me with his truck, so I picked up the alligator under one arm, and the cart under the other, and sprinted off into a side alley that had been converted into a walking street, where the truck couldn't follow. I could hear the enraged truck driver tearing up and down side streets, trying to find me, so I ran down this alleyway for about a half a mile, trying to find perpendicular alley to take me in the direction I needed to go.

I finally found one and turned left onto it, hooking the alligator back up to the cart. In the adjacent yard there were two very large and aggessive-looking dogs. One of them, a fat mastiff which was nearly as large as a bathtub charged down to us, and in four swallows ..."GULP!GULP!GULP!GULP!"... engulfed up my alligator without even chewing it. The dog's owner was sitting on the back porch and witnessed the whole thing. Appalled, he raced down and pried open the dog's jaws, while I grabbed the end of the alligator's tail, and pulled it out of the dog. It was unharmed, so again I fixed up the cart, and we trundled off as the man restrained his dog.

I got up to a main street and turned west back toward my neighborhood. I soon discovered that there was some construction project that had torn up the street and sidewalk, and recent rains had turned the street into a mass of mud. I picked up the alligator and cart again and attempted to negotiate my way through. I got muddy, so I tried another parallel alley behind houses on the north side of the road. That was a mess too, and I got muddier. My alligator and cart turned into a weedeater with a long extension cord.

At length I came to a huge new building that was being constructed, but which was nearly completed. It was so large that I decided that going directly through it would be better than walking around it. I entered and walked through a long series of corridors and rooms. Eventually I realized that it was a new high school and I shouldn't be in it, but as I was muddy and carrying something attached to a long extension cord, I looked like one of the construction workers, so nobody bothered me. Finally I came to the foyer at the front of the building and was able to orient myself geographically; I saw that I was in the part of town that I was attempting to reach all along, and tried to leave. My way was was suddenly blocked by a giant figure who was dressed as a police officer or security guard. He was harassing an ordinary citizen, and I decided to take up for the victim. The policeman was wearing, on his belt, a traditional group of samurai weapons; long, medium sized, and short swords, along with a tai-pan style knife, which had a blade about 8 inches long. The policeman was about 8 or 9 feet tall, and he had to bend way down (presenting his rear to me) to grab his victim. As he did this, I pulled the tai-pan out of his belt, and plunged it into his groin area, in an effort to sever his femoral artery. I stabbed him two more times before he could react. He straightened out and turned back to face me. He bent down again, and I grabbed his hair to hold his head, and began hacking at the back of his neck with the knife, trying to behead him. I couldn't cut through his spine, but managed to inflict many severe lacerations. I left him to die of his wounds, and tried to exit through one of the front doors.

The door wouldn't open properly; it slid up instead of opening outwards, and I had to slither under it like a snake. Standing outside were several teenage boys in high-school hockey team uniforms, talking to a couple of 40-ish women I assumed to be their mothers. One of the boys was a schoolyard bully type, and without provocation jumped on me and pinned me to the ground. I outweighed him by at least 50 pounds, so quickly I reversed the situation. I then began pinching the arteries in his neck, shutting off the blood flow to his brain. Suddenly he realized he was in mortal danger and began crying and pleading for his life. I decided to let him live, so I got off him and began heading for home.

After all I had been through, I was quite anxious to get home, so I tried to flap my arms and fly, thinking it would be quicker. It didn't work; I couldn't fly any faster than I could walk. At that point, the dream ended, as my cat jumped up onto me and woke me up.
lol my kitty woke me up too. i was with a person who was very important in the past, and a person that's become sort of important now, and my past person was fading a little. usually she leaves me missing her but this time not. some of the dream there was a school that turned into a nazi thing with people being treated like suspects and cattle. i was a small boy and smuggled a dvd out. i told my past person that i wanted to start eating nothing and would just eat maca which was monoatomic gold in my dream...
Hello all, not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread as yet but I found Betty Bethards' "The Dream Book: Symbols for Self Understanding" really helpful in deciphering my dreams. I used it for my daily "bath skrying" too and find it helps reveal and unfold the symbols therein.

I stumbled upon the book after being frustrated at the mishmash of dream interpretations in books/websites. I then used it daily and startlingly I found I could use it to decipher symbols physically appearing in everyday existence.

If anyone else can recommend a dream interpretation book they found helpful I'd really appreciate it.
I had a dream Eddie of little flying alligators. They were getting away from me and I had my dog catch them as soon as they took off. They were fast, but the dog was faster. They would run around the room and fly. It made total sense in the dream, but was a little frustrating. I was glad to have the dog to help.

Meerie

it might have been little dragons, they look a bit similar, no?
(year of the dragon starts january 23)
i dreamt about santorum.

Meerie

Santorin, the island?
or something with rum Tongue
some rum and you didn't understand it in the dream cuz you were drunk
the guy who wants to ban buttsecks. Sad
I just had a symbolic dream.

- -

I am in a helicopter high high in the skies when there is an explosion or malfunction. The thing loses power, and there is a descent. It is slow at first, then speeds up.

I get to see the earch coming closer. I recognise that I'm going to crash land in Sydney Harbor, quite close to the Opera House. Just before I hit the water, I see Jack Thompson swimming (the Australian actor) and he says to me "welcome to Australia mate".

that is where the dream ends.

- -

I am taking the obvious interpretation, and that this was the descent of spirit into matter. WOW.
australia is down under Tongue
I had pretty severe homesickness attack last evening. Came out of nowhere. I haven't felt like that since before Homecoming. This night I had this dream: some catastrophe happened to Earth. It was just two towns left in the area where I lived. The New Year was coming and our town was supposed to go, the whole town, to that other one for celebrations. The other town wanted to know when we were coming, because they thought to meet us in the middle of the road, to guide us the last piece of it, as the end of this road was very difficult to walk, and one had to know that road. So we had a town meeting, and discussed this. That is when I realized that we actually have all the food necessary for everybody in order to stay and celebrate in our own town. So I appointed a guy there, who was quiet but very good at this stuff, to fix this all. And then it was time for me to "move on". So I was saying goodbye to everybody. And as this was a moment of joy for me, and I felt no attachments to anyone, the turn to say goodbye came to my daughter. And as I held her in my arms, looking at her face, I realized that I could actually stay in that group because of her. That it's ok to not to go home yet.

Hmm, did I just say "thanks, but no thanks" to the "ascension" in my dream? BigSmile
the whole town said we can make heaven on earth, we don't need to move.

Avocado

I had my first lucid dream early this morning. I've been doing reality checks by plugging my nose to see if I'm awake, recording my dreams for months now and most importantly just been thinking about them all the time.

When I knew I was dreaming I sampled the detail of the city I was in and looked at my arms. I was intrigued by the fact that I was conscious in a dream. I immediately took of like a rocket straight up. The dimly lit city below faded as I passed through the clouds. As I penetrated the atmosphere I closed my eyes and knew where I wanted to go. I appeared as an observer in front of a large plasma sun-type mass. My being filled so much space I was bigger than than the sun. It was too hot to touch with my ethereal appendages lol. I was soon back on the planet and found myself in a dessert city that almost looked like it was out of star wars filled with dream people. I said something like "Wow, this is what it would look like under peace on earth". The dream turned sexual and I looked for a dream character to have intercourse with. It was almost automatic as soon as I had a sexual thought. The control of my dream seemed to dim as my basic sexual instincts took over. As I struggled to get the character to comply with my wishes I just gave her a hug and let the dream fade. This was one of the most amazing moments in my life. It is a reminder for me of how oh so sweet creation really is.

The past few weeks I have introduced the spirit of the Kirkii plant into my consciousness. My gratitude and love reaches out to this mighty plant ally. A few nights ago I feel asleep harboring a feeling of love for/with the plant of which I haven't felt in a long time. It has helped me learn to love and move more into my Heart

Love you c:
Silver hairs on the back of my right hand. It started with one hair and then spread out on the whole hand. It felt very pure. I remember asking why it is not gold and the hair tried to change into gold but it didn't feel right. And they all changed back to silver again.
I've seen gold speckles on people's faces a year ago when I went through a schizophrenic episode.
Hi!
I just awoke from a short nap and thought I would share my dream with you.

Announcements had been made and many folks were outside waiting.
There was a very strong feeling of anticipation coupled with some anxiety.

Suddenly the sky opened. Initially one huge mothership became visable as the cloads dissolved, then almost the entire sky became full of various craft.
My entire body was buzzing.
Some people entered into a state of shock, others appeared to enjoy the experience.

Off world crew members dressed in orange outfits were 'zapping' people with something like out of the movie Men in Black. My understanding was that peoples memory could be manipulated in order to erase the shock of what they had witnessed. They were not harmed in any way.

Those who are able to remain centered and grounded are the ones allowed to fully take part consciously with the process.
That was the message I believe the dream carried.

L&L