Bring4th

Full Version: The Dream Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meerie

Yes exactly… for everyone who gets visited by weird astral forms in their dreams, rest assured it is only „Astral Travelling Beginners Class 2010/11“ doing their first field exercices… nothing to be afraid of! Smile

Brittany

I was wondering what all those big, black blobby things I keep seeing are...lol.
I found this interesting tidbit in session 83 today.

Ra Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, let us establish that both before and after the veil the same conditions existed in time/space; that is, the veiling process is a space/time phenomenon.

Secondly, the character of experience was altered drastically by the veiling process. In some cases such as the dreaming and the contact with the Higher Self, the experience was quantitatively different due to the fact that the veiling is a primary cause of the value of dreams and is also the single door against which the Higher Self must stand awaiting entry. Before veiling, dreams were not for the purpose of using the so-called unconscious to further utilize catalyst but were used to learn/teach from teach/learners within the inner planes as well as those of outer origins of higher density. As you deal with each subject of which you spoke you may observe, during the veiling process, not a quantitative change in the experience but a qualitative one.

And from session 85:
Ra Wrote:Also upon the list of significant veiled functions of the mind would be that of dreaming. The so-called dreaming contains a great deal which, if made available to the conscious mind and used, shall aid it in polarization to a great extent.

Insights that I've received from my dreams, and different states of consciousness that I've found myself awakening in have been the most valuable and moving contributions to self understanding in this incarnation in waking consciousness. (second most being the Ra material) This reinforces the truth that all wisdom and clarity ultimately comes from the higher self.

Just last night I dreamed (It feels silly calling it a dream because it feels like a simple, real, and pure universal experience.) that I was several different beings in several different places in the universe, and the consciousnes that incarnated into these beings, most being animals and plants in timeless states. I awoke with semi-conscious memory of this state and a different outlook on the universe. It isn't some construct to be observed. It is home. It is you, and it's us. I carried this peaceful and timeless state of mind with me into the day, and found it at great contrast to the fearful hustle and bustle of humans who think they're only one thing at one time. I found myself smiling and thinking "All this 2012 stuff and certain times and things we've come to expect in this ascension process is a construction of us. We'll come to a gentle and beautiful awakening as a species exactly when we're ready for it. The universe has no clock. It doesn't keep track of when 2012 is going to be here."

This state of having the veil peeled back just a tiny bit (along with all the other waking partial veil removals I've experienced) has been incredibly helpful. And I know it has to eventually fade, because it's made me see just how valuable the opportunity really is to function as this one tiny human being in this one single place without knowledge of all that you are, and even to experience suffering and loss. It's like seeing what grows in this tiny flowerpot that you're adding to your humongous garden. Smile
Amazing Smile You really got a dose of multidimensional self. I like what you said about the incoming insight and then the fading. I felt that same thing. The fading of the experience is painful. Yet it is also good. We do perform a function as humans.. I think it's best to alternate between the poles.

Brittany

I remember having a really profound dream last night, getting up to use the bathroom, thinking, while I was in the bathroom, "I should write that down", then going straight back to sleep. Lol. It's so hard to use self discipline when in that half-awake state. Half the time when I do write it down I can't read my own handwriting the next morning.

Brittany

In several dreams lately, including my most recent, I feel almost as if I have been put on a type of "lesson plan." The lesson: exploring various layers of consciousness. It has been made clearly apparent to me through my recent dream experiences that the layers that define our awareness, our personality and the various states of consciousness are much more subtle and numerous than I ever imagined.

I used to just perceive myself as "awake" or "asleep", but now I realize my awareness is more just like an enormous onion, with thousands of layers, and it is possible to experience all of these layers through a deeper thread of consciousness. I feel as if I am on a training program- slowly and gently I am brought through waking consciousness into the ethereal dream layers, then deeper into the unconscious mind, then deeper still into the collective consciousness, and the collective unconscious, and beyond that still many more deeper layers of subjective awareness.

Somehow I am allowed to keep a fragment of my conscious mind while at the same time experiencing the complete abandonment of all sense of individuality into something much more vast and acutely aware. I feel myself becoming larger and larger, until the entire universe is contained within my awareness. Then I step down and step down until I once again become familiar with the vibration specific to my body, then I begin going back through the layers that connect my consciousness to my body until I am once again in my current reality.

In my latest dream it seemed that a young man was doing this exercise with me, as if we were both students, practicing this expanding of consciousness. At some points I was aware of his unique vibration as well as my own, and also very aware that there was nothing separating the two. We were entirely one, though if I chose, I could distinguish between our separate personalities.

When I woke up, it suddenly occurred to me that everything that makes us unique and individual and what we are is a choice. That seems self explanatory, but it was like I was looking at this truth from a whole different angle. Personality isn't some arbitrary thing that is given or taken away. It is chosen. The onion is ours, and we may peel it at our leisure. There is no point of being forced to abandon the personality in order to progress. We simply choose to be what we are, no matter what that is- the choice is always within our grasp. This is comforting to me, as I have often feared losing all that I am as my consciousness expands outward.

Much of what I feel I have learned in these states goes beyond words. It is simply a knowing that has been planted within me. However, the most obvious truth is that we are all loved, and all will be well. I am very thankful for these experiences.
Well put (and well done)!

fairyfarmgirl

Good Greetings:

Finally back on line. There is a Goddess and she sent a new laptop.... lol

Dreams:

Is anyone having group dreams. Telepathic dreams?

Here in on the Fairyfarm we are having group dreams of sitting on a couch while watching dilapidated construction equipment build a bridge. Why we are sitting on the couch while traffic is snarled due to the construction of the bridge is the bridge is still being constructed. The dream was reoccuring... It did not follow a pattern of the moon... but perhaps it had a pattern based on celestial movements that I am unaware of....

In this dream, I in my impatience because of the Wild Pack of Indigos meltdowns over waiting go and find the foreperson of the construction operatation and ask "Good Greetings! When will this bridge be completed and why are we sitting on a couch alongside the road. The answer is always the same: "due to unforseen difficulties we are behind schedule. We suggest you wait on the couch until the bridge is completed." The foreperson appears to be androgyneous... so I am guessing a possible emissary or Angel. Wearing a white hat and blue suit always carrying a blueprint. The construction equipment is the color of yellow with the usual rust spots and peeling paint but working beep beep backup sounds... very annoying sound.... and the landscape is all torn up in various states of road building leading to the bridge that is partially completed on each side of the chasm... but not completed in the middle. They sky is blue and it seems to be daylight but the light is not particularly bright or hot... when I look up I see circling hawks and hear them calling in the wind. The couch is sapphire blue and feels like a crushed velvet. Comfy but hard to stand up from the softness of the couch... The kiddos just crying and posture about how long they have been waiting--- no gleeful jumping on the couch or sommersaulting---- just saddness, fear and grief over how long this bridge is taking.

The traffic that is snarled is almost cartoon like--- similar to a superhero comic book art. The only noise is the kids, hubby, the couch and the foreperson and the construction equipement working the land.

The dreams shifts after I sit back down on the couch following my conversation with the foreperson. Everyone wakes up in various states of fear, anger and sadness. Within a few minutes of each other. First my youngest twin, who alerts us to her angst which we then awaken, then the older twin and then the singleton. Everyone is awake and all want to sleep in one bed... we veto this as it is not a large enough space to hold a family of 5 and opt to sit with each child until they are able to sleep again. Then, we go back to bed. And I find I am unable to sleep.

How I know that everyone dreamed of the big couch alongside the road of snarled traffic at the place of the bridge construction is:

In the morning my twins are inconsolable that they had to sit on the couch and the bridge is broken. And everything they build from blanket cabins to legos is centered around the theme of bridges and how to make it so it is not broken.

My Kiddo #1 asks me incessent questions about how bridges are made and how come they are under constant construction and he is afraid of the couch dream with the crazy bridge.

My hubby awakens nearly simultaneously as me and remarks: "I am really tired of this freaking bridge dream. What a nightmare!" To which I respond, "we are always late to everything... and then for this bridge thing we are early." Then we discuss our dream and find the details are nearly the same. The differences being akin to a film that is filmed by different cameras... different perspectives but about the same subject.

This was a nightly treat for most of October, all of November and early December.

Anyone else experiencing this fun phenomenon? Life is interesting.

fairyfarmgirl
(12-12-2010, 09:48 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]Finally back on line.
Anyone else experiencing this fun phenomenon? Life is interesting.

fairyfarmgirl
No, but I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Keep us informed!BigSmile
I have had many of dreams but this one was different than all the others:

I was driving my car with a friend named John, who is a professional musician, and up in front of us is what looks like an accident of some kind. I turned to John, taken my eyes off the road, and said what that up there? When I looked back onto the road we were part of the accident and we died. I actually felt the separation from the body feeling a sort of whooshing sound. I floated about 2 feet above my dead body thinking to myself I remember doing that- many of times. So John and I start to float upwards, side by side, what only can be described as a gray haze. After a short time I looked over to John to say something but he was gone. I stopped in mid air and thought to myself should I look for him but decided that I must continue. Again after what seemed like a very short time I came upon a castle. It was huge the type you find in England. Now I was in my Ghost or Astral body so I did not have to open the door, which was closed. So I walked through the door. The first thing that I saw, when passing through the door, was Anne. She was a facilitator at the spiritual retreat I took 2 months early in physical reality. She was standing around a table with about 8 or 9 people. As soon as she saw me she started to walk and we met in the middle of the distance between us. We greeted each other, of course not with words since telepathy is the primary form of communication in the astral plane. I asked her what are all the people doing over at the table. They where all staring down like as if doing a task. She replied lets go see.

When I reached the table the first person I met was Frank. He also was a person from the retreat. We greeted each other and I asked what everyone was doing. He replied we are making pizza. I said I don’t understand I see no dough, no oven what do you mean you are making pizza? He said look down at the plate, each person had a plate. He said don’t you see the tiny white sparks on the plate. I said oh yeah I saw them on earth. He said well we use our minds and manipulate the particles with our minds to form a pizza. I replied that sounds neat can I try. He says sure anyone can try so I preceded to make a piece of pizza. After, he got really excited and said how did you do that, I have been here for so long and you just walk through the door and do it your first time. I said I don’t know how I did it–you just do it.

Anne came up right away, got in between Frank and I, and without commenting on what I just done- said that she and the people from around the table were going out for a while and that I should just make myself at home. I said ok. While walking around in the castle I saw a girl with long black hair and I was about to approach her when I got the feeling that she was in deep thought and did not want to be disturbed. So I continued on when I came upon a large window. The window was big enough were you could stand up in it. It had 2 parts opening from the middle so I just pushed and they opened. The first thing that I saw were clouds and I thought oh castle in the clouds. But then I noticed something in the clouds flashing. There would be a flash about the size of a basketball they it would go out and then another flash and then another. I thought, I wonder if those are the white energy particle close up. So I leaned out the window to get a better look and even thought of touching one. But as soon as a broke the plane of the window a raw wave of fear came over me and I jumped back. I mean this fear was intense. So I tried again the same thing. Ever time I would break the plane of the window the fear would come. So I started to pace in front of the window thinking to myself what should I do? Finally I decided if I don’t do this now I won’t do it for a long time. That said I turned, my back facing the clouds and proceeded out the window. As I broke the plane the fear was still there but I kept going little by little till I was completely out and floating in the clouds. I thought this is neat I don’t know why I was so afraid its so relaxing then it happened. I started to shoot around the clouds erratically I turned into one of the white energy particles! The next thing I knew, it’s like the frame of a movie, I was standing about 100 feet in the air on a white church and everything was bright white. And here comes Anne back with the people she left with and she says what are you doing up there. I replied look what I can do Anne ,at which point I took my right hand and pointed right and my left hand pointed left and projected 2 more images of myself. If you were to draw a line it would have made a triangle with an image at each corner. Anne said very good. The next thing we are back in the castle and there is a party going on. I asked Anne why is there a party who is it for. She said it was for me. I said it’s not my birthday. She said no you are leaving it’s a going away party. I said I’m not going anywhere look at all the neat things you can do here. She replied your going to see Lasse , Lasse was another person from my spiritual retreat. The End
fairyfarmgirl, that's just downright crazy!! What kind of explanations are you offering your family for the dream? The yellow construction work seems to represent the re-jiggering of our societal framework here to allow the bridge to fourth density to be built. Your family, being lightworkers, are the ones primarily concerned with the progress of this work. And of course your indigo children are upset and disturbed because of the slow progress.

Have you tried becoming lucid within the dream?

fairyfarmgirl

(12-14-2010, 03:41 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]fairyfarmgirl, that's just downright crazy!! What kind of explanations are you offering your family for the dream? The yellow construction work seems to represent the re-jiggering of our societal framework here to allow the bridge to fourth density to be built. Your family, being lightworkers, are the ones primarily concerned with the progress of this work. And of course your indigo children are upset and disturbed because of the slow progress.

Have you tried becoming lucid within the dream?

Good Greetings, Aaron and All --

Yes, it was very CRAZY making for us all.

Yes, I did become lucid in the dream... that is how I got off the couch which was a phenomenal effort to do so... a comfy but monsterous couch (the kind where you lose the cat and the remote within lol) and part of the kids really getting upset was a got off the couch and did not take them with me... hubby was not interested in moving fromt he couch only concerned that I find 1. Answers to why we were experiencing this yet again! 2. That I better be darn well sure I come back! 3. That we wake up from this dream and get some actual sleep...

It seems something has recently shifted. We are no longer on the couch in the dream... instead we are looking at blueprints and the kids are distracting... thankfully this is a short dream followed by happy rainbow dreams. So now the kids are building Rainbow Bridges out of colored paper... it is always interesting.

The last time we had the blueprint dream... I asked the Foreperson what we could do to help this process along.

Then, we all woke up and the kids were really awake--- 3am is a great time to begin your day! LOL. I had a vague sense I was supposed to be cultivating something. Later that day, a friend called and ask to come by with a book.

The book my friend brought to me to read is this book:

The Secret of Shambhala, the Search for the Eleventh Insight, James Redfield. I have re-read the book several times and found I began to write in the margins connections to other disciplines and ways that support the Truths within this book that James Redfield so beautifully chronicle in a way that is easily understood and applied to life. I also found that as I wrote in the margins of this book (in pencil always) my mind wandered to life experiences that clearly illustrated the main points and themes of this story.

So, the next step from the dream synchronistically arrived when I asked what I could do to help. Synchronisticy is essential to the Law of Manifestation. The Law of Manifestation is very different from the Law of Attraction and Reflection. It requires more building of energy and the sharing of that energy.

fairyfarmgirl

Brittany

Wow, I've never experienced anything quite like that, FFG. My hubby and I have shared similar dreams during a short time period, but never that synchronized of an experience. All I remember about my dream last night was that we moved to Alaska. :-) Sounds like your higher self is really dishing out the messages!

Brittany

Had a weird one last night. I dreamed I was watching some woman talk on TV, and her face started changing and looking really scary. She looked like an alien, but I didn't get a sense of peace from it. I then dreamed I went out in the kitchen and tried to turn the lights on but they wouldn't turn on. I think some more stuff happened because I remember I got really, really scared.

Probably came from watching too many weird you tube videos. Lol.

Brittany

Well, I had two very vivid, very unusual dreams last night.

In the first, my husband met a guy and they went to hang out at a club together. I didn't like the look of the guy, but he went anyway. When he came back I said "Baby, I think you're getting shorter." I watched as he got progressively shorter and shorter and suddenly turned into a baby sitting on the floor. I was like OH CRAP! WHAT DO I DO?!?

After a while he turned back into a man again, and he looked really confused and worn out. Then he turned back into a baby. I realized this was just going to keep happening over and over again, and something had been done to him to make this happen. I went to the club to find the guy he'd been hanging out with, thinking maybe he had something to do with it, then I met the guy's girlfriend, who was some kind of psycho witch. Apparently my hubby had said something that had offended her, so she put the spell on him. I asked her to take it off, and she said she wanted me to do something for her first. I don't remember what she wanted or what the rest of the dream was about.

In the second dream I was at a wedding. There was a sudden announcement broadcast to all the TVs in the country by the government. It showed my picture, and it was said I was wanted and a huge sum of money would be paid for my capture. Apparently this had to do with some special power I had that the government wanted. I stood in the door of the room where the reception was taking place and said something like "I'm sorry this happened. Remember, I love you all."

Then, everyone in the wedding turned on me and started chasing me, except for three guys who were my friends, who stayed loyal to me and were trying to help me get away. My mom called me and said I needed to go to the train station at a certain time and she would get me a ride that would let me escape, but I didn't know how I would get there. It would take far too long on foot and I didn't have a car, and everyone around was trying to hunt me down.

At one point, two of the three guys betrayed me and started chasing me as well. Only the one guy was loyal to me. The other two guys were chasing us through a field, and finally I just got mad and tackled one of the guys, and my friend tackled the other one. I was like "NO! YOU DO NOT TREAT FRIENDS THAT WAY!" and the guys were like "Okay, we're sorry!"

Then a woman drove up in a car. She told us all to get in and the two guys who betrayed me jumped right in. It didn't feel right to me and I didn't want to get in the car. Then the guy who had been loyal to me wanted to get in the car, too. I started getting really mad. I said I was NOT getting in the car, and if they wanted to so bad, I'd just keep going by myself. I stomped away, crying.

I ended up running through tunnels and ditches and stuff, trying to hide. I ended up camping out in a public restroom in a mall. I was looking for new clothes in hopes that it would make less people recognize me. At this point I was seriously considering just giving up and letting them take me in because it was getting to be a huge pain running all the time. Still, I knew I had to keep going because there was something very important that I had to do with this power, whatever it was. A woman walked into the bathroom and was looking at me funny, and I told her not to worry, I was just leaving. Sometime shortly after that I woke up.
I had an interesting dream last night. I was walking this woman I know from work, who I am very fond of, to her bus stop. She lives in a part of the city quite far from my own, but this time I got on the bus with her, sort of absent-mindedly. Then after a little bit of driving I had a sudden realization that I was going the wrong way and, even though I wanted to be with her, I said "wait, if I go with you I won't be able to get home. I will get off just up ahead a bit". The bus went up a hill for a few more minutes to a crossroads and stopped. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and said "see you tomorrow" and got off the bus. I walked back the way we came, through a rather pleasant farm-land and forest countryside, knowing that it would take me a while to get back home, since I had traveled on my friends bus for some ways. Then I woke up.

It occurred to me later that one possible interpretation is that if I entered into some sort of relationship with her I would not be able to return to my rightful "home". My action on the bus might indicate a decision made by my higher self that I should/would sometime soon get off the bus and return home (5D or 6D?). She would go to her own home (4D? as she is a truly loving and religious person), and we would meet again sometime in the future.

The landscape I was walking through on my way back is one that I have come to recognize in many of my dreams, and has the feel of, a real, magical, place of a higher order than Earth. On the surface it is very similar to Earth's landscape but warmer, brighter, and with greater relief (variations in the scenery - lakes, mountains). I often find myself in buildings that seem like universities but more modern in some way. Once I dreamt of coming out of a large building with a canopy like a giant mushroom onto a wide boulevard filled with beautiful people. These all seem like real places to me, unlike most dreams which have places which morph and waver from instant to instant.

fairyfarmgirl

I had a dream this early am just before all 3 kids woke me up in succession. Mom, Mom, Mom , Mama, Mama, Mama, was the chorus.... but I digress.

In the dream, I was there as an adult and also as a child simultaneously. My father and his mother (my pateral grandmother) were also there. We were in my grandmother's house. It felt as if I was really "there" even though in this timeline the house was sold when I was 9... nearly 35 years ago when my grandmother passed away.

So, we are all in this house. I adored my grandmother and my dad abhored his mother. So here we are all in this house and my grandmother returns from being at the store and finds all her furniture has been cut down in size. The legs on the furniture are noticably shorter. I being present in the house and interacting as a child but watching the dream as an adult.... had observed the curious occurence of my father cutting the legs down on all the furniture by 3 or 4 inches. All of it. He was very busy cutting and sawing. My child self asked him to stop! And he sneered at me and called me names and acted like his typical "charming" boorish self. I started to cry. And he slapped me telling me "I'll give you something to cry about."

So, when my grandmother returns she sees all her furniture is shorter... and says: "What has happened. My furniture is too short!" And that is when I say to her, "MomMom, daddy sawed off all the legs... see the sawdust and the furniture pieces." She ignored me and spoke again to my father. No one was listening to me when I tried again to speak. My grandmother just kept asking the same questions again and again.

Then, the dream shifted. I was in dark, dark place with this little boy who was sobbing. I tried to comfort him put he could not percieve me and became even more afraid. So I pulled back and watched him. Sending him as much Love as I could without terrorizing him with the energy shift. Then, the door at the top of the stairs opens and this woman who looks like my paternal grandmother comes down and slaps the litttle boy and hauls him up the stairs by the back of his shirt.

The door closes and the area I am in becomes lighter and brighter. The words KARMA spell themselves out in the air in Golden White Light--- very translucently.... and I say: I choose to Love and Forgive. Then, before I could finish the children all woke me up.... I hugged my children and they cuddled with me telling me I am the very bestest mom....

fairyfarmgirl
Interesting and moving dream, FFG.

In one of the dreams I had last night, I was walking across a university campus with some other fellow, whom I seemed to know vaguely. Everyone on campus was larger than normal humans, but we two were especially big, about 8 feet tall and very broad and muscular, like overbuilt rugby players. He started to jog, so to keep up with him, I jumped up into the air and began flying, by swimming the breast stroke through the air. Now, I do this in dreams frequently, but usually when I am flying by this method, it's pretty slowly...but I was making good speed. My companion started running flat-out, and I had no trouble keeping up with him. Just before we arrived at our destination, I looked at him and said, "In 2010, people will start to fly".

I interpret this as a metaphor for awakening. The light accompanying the 4th-density transition is penetrating more and more of us each day (as is witnessed by this great thread).

Brittany

Etude, I know what you mean about the farmland. I have dreamed several times of a BEAUTIFUL farm, and a marvelous countryside around it. It is rather simple, but I feel like I could stay there forever. I've also been to "schools" and what I could only consider an enormous library. Once I went to this garden that was filled with white flowers...absolutely stunning. I often wonder if these are the landscapes of higher densities, and how wonderful it would be to be able to enjoy them to their fullest extent someday.

FFG, it sounds like maybe you feel like nobody is listening to you in life, or that your efforts aren't being recognized, or maybe you're just frustrated with the state of the world in general, and no one seems to care. I've had dreams where people wouldn't listen to me at all and I started screaming at them until I cried, in utter frustration. It usually mirrors something going on in my everyday life. The part with the little boy...I'm wondering if you were looking into a past life there? And you have come full circle by loving children of your own...sounds like a very emotional dream.

Eddie...it would sure be great if we all DID start flying for real this year. Lol. WOOSH!
fairy, the little child crying in the basement. Do you think that was your dad as a child?

fairyfarmgirl

Yes. I see the dream as more of a metaphor concerning the cycle in my paternal family. They cut the legs out from under each other through Karmic ties... not being able to forgive. I choose to Forgive and to Love. The first one in the family to do so. Such a black sheep I am. LOL

Brittany

Wow. Had a rather strange dream last night. I don't really remember the beginning part of it, but at some point I was in this run-down building with a young woman who was very dark and mysterious (think gothic lolita). She told me that I was to be sacrificed to the Archangel Michael and that her friend and/or lover had been sacrificed years before.

It was implied that this would happen with or without my consent, but surprisingly, I wasn't very upset about it. I have long gotten over my fear of death, and was looking forward to escaping my mortal body. The only thing that scared me a bit was that it would hurt when some dagger was driven into my chest. I asked the girl if it would hurt and she said no, but I wasn't sure if I believed her.

We started driving to the place where I was supposed to be sacrificed, and I realized that I'd forgotten my glasses and everything was blurry. I told the girl it was hard to see without my glasses but she said to keep driving. As we got to the site, my vision suddenly got clear again.

There was a party or something going on at this location- tons of people all around. The girl took me around back to where a simple wooden table sat, where apparently I would be sacrificed. She said that Michael must be running late and went to go look for him. I observed the crowd of people through a window, wondering if any of them were Michael.

Finally he appeared, though he didn't look like how I picture him in my visualizations. He had very dark hair and eyes and dusky skin, and he was wearing a black robe/cloak of some sort. There was a look of great wisdom and mystery in his eyes. The girl had me lay down on the table but then she looked into my eyes closely and said "Oh no, she's not the one, is she?"

Michael gave a little smile and said "Is she not?" The girl looked confused, but the angel had given his consent for the sacrifice. At this point I began rising through levels of consciousness, but before I completely woke up I got a very clear visualization of the knife being stabbed through my chest and the rather awful scream that I made.

To most people I'm sure this would be a nightmare, but for some reason I got a really good feeling from this dream. Directly before going to sleep I had asked to receive a dream about how I could bring more serenity and joy into my life. I suppose maybe I should find out what traits Michael represents and "give myself over" to them??? I am also wondering about the symbolism of my glasses, as I often dream I lose them and cannot see, especially when driving.
Wikipedia entry on Michael:

Archangel Michael

Brittany

As I have analyzed this dream, an ever-deepening spiritual significance has come forward. This dream actually means a great deal to me.

It reminds me somewhat of a shamanic death- a symbolic "severing the ties that bind", so-to-speak. I perceive the dark woman to be a fragment of my shadow self. Recently I have done work with my shadow self in meditations, asking that she give me the gift she has for me and that we work as a team. I feel that the perceived "dark nature" of this dream (it even all took place at night) was symbolic of a journey from darkness into light- a sort of rite of passage. The threat of a painful death was a test of my will, to see if I was willing to sacrifice in order to make this transition. It is only natural that in a place of darkness, my shadow self would be the one to guide me.

As I've researched Archangel Michael, I've found that he represents truth, courage and protection. It is recommended to invoke Michael if you are seeking to find a solution to a situation in life, or are considering taking a new path, as Michael's fiery sword can sever ties of fear and doubt that bind us to self-destructive patterns of behavior. This is exactly what I requested before I went to sleep, though I have never invoked specific angels nor done much angel work period- I tend to draw upon elemental energies. The fact that an angel actually DID show up, in spite of my utter lack of knowledge when it comes to such things, is a tremendous honor to me, and I am full of thanks.

Michael is the angel of fire and action, and that is what I perceive to be conveyed to me in my dream. I need to do less ruminating and strike out with spark and vigor. Deep thought is useful, but I also need to hone the awareness that comes from an acute perception of the moment and how fleeting it is. Having Michael's blade through my chest was a symbolic cutting away of the heavy, worrisome thoughts that I have been occupying my mind with lately, and, as promised, I was pulled into more distant layers of consciousness as the act was done, so that I was indeed spared the actual pain of such a cut.

The fact that Michael confirmed my identity says to me that I am worthy just as I am. I was worthy of his help in my dream, though I did no invocation, nor was I making any attempt to hide my personality or change myself in a way that I perceived as more acceptable. This means so much to me, I want to cry every time I think about it.

Truly this was a sacred dream in my eyes, and I am so thankful for it. It has also inspired me to start working with different angelic energies, which is completely new and fascinating to me.

BTW, thanks for the link, Eddie!
How many of you rarely dream about those you know in real life? For me I encounter family/friends maybe once every two months if that, even less at times..which is interesting. I would imagine this is indicative of being a wanderer, and is probably a common trait we share.

I understand what Ra has said about dreaming, the subconscious, root of the mind etc., but I imagine on the higher planes in the dream-state we are perhaps interacting with those of our own social memory complex.
(12-26-2010, 02:49 PM)Derek ~ Wrote: [ -> ]How many of you rarely dream about those you know in real life?

I didn't have a dream with my wife in it, until we had been married more than 10 years.
That's quite a long time. I would only dream of my ex-girlfriend when she was sleeping beside me.

Brittany

For me it is a pretty mixed basket. I frequently dream of friends and family, but I also dream just as frequently of people I don't recognize in this life. Just last night I had a dream in which I was travelling around with a family that I've never met in this lifetime. I have people who are my best friends or even lovers, then I wake up and think "who was that?" I can't wait until the veil is lifted and I don't have to be asleep to be with ALL my friends.
ahktu, I've had dreams with familiar beings in them that have no relationship to my current life as well... A lot of the time, I dream of doing things with my sisters, but I have none! One time I dreamed of holding this young Hispanic woman. She meant the world to me, like she was my partner, my everything. Then I wake up and come back here where there is no such thing... My reaction is usually "huh? Who was that?" Lol
Got a dream for you guys... already interpreted it for myself but I guess it wouldn't hurt for you guys to see it.

I was at a major Dept store chain, I believe this one was Macy's.
I was buying a normal run of the mill toothbrush. Al Gore was my cashier, my total came up to $2.01. He asked if I had the one cent because giving change was going to be such a hassle, at which I checked my pocket and did have one but it was a valuable penny worth more than one cent so I told him I did not have one to give. There was no cents jar to be spotted and no sign that there was such a thing on this era. Al Gore was extremely slow at ringing me up, it seemed that he was not used to the technical aspects of the cashier and was having a very hard time getting me my change, making different piles of coins and being unable to decide how much he was supposed to give me back. I told him the amount he owed me but he just ignored me. When he finally handed me the change from a $5 bill, $2.99, he instinctively mouthed off "your disdain for my slow service has been recorded, please accept our apologies and come back again...". He sounded like he was programmed to say that, like he was a robot and there was a certain soul-less feel to it, I was given a receipt that had to be signed. I quickly scratched something on the receipt knowing I was not putting my name on it. As I was walking away with my $2.01 toothbrush, a store alarm went off and everyone turned their attention on me. Al Gore screamed "he must be stopped!", I returned to the counter asking what was wrong. I was shown the receipt and told that the signature was invalid and that I was breaking the law. All this because I did not sign my real name for a toothbrush receipt!! I tried to explain the absurdity of the situation but I could tell all the people around the counter were unable to comprehend and indeed it was a heinous act I had committed. So I angrily walked back to the counter and slammed the toothbrush on the counter along with the $2.99 and told them to keep it, telling them that my anonymity was worth much more than what they were making it out to be.

Obviously their governing body thought this as well, as they had no problem saying I had committed a crime for not signing a small piece of paper for a nothing purchase.
And that was it... I saw a lot of symbolism in this dream and felt a dreading feeling of prophesy to it when I awoke.